Lost Tags

alypop
Ssr. Bludit

Before, tags added fine. After I copied a POST and replicated it to a PAGE, then deleted the POST all tags have gone and I cant add any; they will go into the tag list until I click [Save] then the page is saved, but tags are lost.
Later .......... deleted tags.php which now allows Posts to add tags but Pages still dont :-(
Ideas??
Thank you.

PS If anyone is interested Ive done a Blog on Bludit which is in http://radiospares.co.nz
Comments appreciated.
alypop
Ssr. Bludit

Lost tags continue. I had a couple of Posts with tags, now the tags have gone into the ether.

As well as odd behaviour; when I go to New Post, the contents of another post are in the new post editor.

Jolly bugs!!
Edi
Site Admin

Please do not complain about bugs that do not exist. ;-)

I have tried to explain before that you mix up posts and pages. Pages have no tags, and tags that are no longer used are deleted from the database file.

The second "bug", content of another post in the editor of a new post, seems to be a local problem as some weird cache in your browser or on your server.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
alypop
Ssr. Bludit

Edi wrote:Please do not complain about bugs that do not exist. ;-)
The second "bug", content of another post in the editor of a new post, seems to be a local problem as some weird cache in your browser or on your server.
Hi Edi. I do listen. You advise that tags dont exist in Pages, but in Posts.
>> I had a couple of Posts with tags
Please search the forum and you will find several others have similar problems.

Regarding 2nd about cache. Thats should be an easy fix Ill do myself its a check of Action=New Post then clear of content.

Best wishes, Al.
Edi
Site Admin

alypop wrote: >> I had a couple of Posts with tags
Please search the forum and you will find several others have similar problems.
Two things, Al:

1) You wrote, that you deleted the file tags.php. Okay, then the tags are gone. ;-)

2) I know this posts. There was an issue with the standard configuration of Bludit, and it's fixed.
alypop
Ssr. Bludit

Edi wrote:
alypop wrote: 1) You wrote, that you deleted the file tags.php. Okay, then the tags are gone. ;-)
Think you'll find tags.php is a dynamically created file. EG once deleted, youll get some errors till a new tag is added.
Cheers, Alistair.
Edi
Site Admin

alypop wrote: Think you'll find tags.php is a dynamically created file. EG once deleted, youll get some errors till a new tag is added.
This is right.

Can you please describe, when or how tags are lost.
alypop
Ssr. Bludit

Edi wrote:
alypop wrote: Can you please describe, when or how tags are lost.
Hi Edi. Ive now got netbeans set up (been without for a while due to migrating computers.) Bludit is now ready for debug so Ill look at the issue when I get time, but on my web host the tags may look like they stick in a post then a while later they have gone. Other times when the tags are inserted when [save] is clicked, the tags are immediately lost. I think thats similar to other reports eh.
Re the other issue of previous data on a new post or page I agree with you and suspect that the page is not cleared in PHP with the editor because get is used: simplemde.value(); but not set/clear: simplemde.value("");
Edi
Site Admin

alypop wrote:Other times when the tags are inserted when [save] is clicked, the tags are immediately lost. I think thats similar to other reports eh.
What is similar? And you know: When coding similar is not the same. ;-)

The latest version of Bludit is 1.5.2. Which version do you use? The posts are related to an old version.

And: What says the server error log?