Customize automatic title generation?

kr428
Sr. Bludit

Folks;
I'm mostly using Bludit for a microblog right now, which ends up in posts that don't have title. At the moment, this causes two inconveniences I'd like to get rid of:

- Post urls are apparently composed from taking the first words of the post, which ends up in lengthy, somewhat clumsy urls when trying to share them around.
- In the admin dashboard, posts generally show up as "no title" which isn't much of an issue (as I don't really access them from there anymore after posting, anyway) but seems unexpected.

Would it be possible, without too much ado, to change this behaviour and use some sort of timestamp as automatically generated title / url, ideally something like Unix timestamp in the url and something "readable" in the admin dashboard? Is this possible per configuration, or will I have to change code for that?
Thanks and best regards,
Kristian
Misteric
Ssr. Bludit

Hi Kristian,

When a post is (auto)saved, add a timestamp before the title in the files:

bludit/bl-kernel/admin/views/new-content.php
bludit/bl-kernel/admin/views/edit-content.php ( I don't know if this is necessary )
Edi
Site Admin

If the title of the entry is not shown why not add one just for the administration and the slug?

For a sort of timestamp as title you can use a simple JavaScript or jQuery script.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
kr428
Sr. Bludit

Ok, thanks all. So, would it suffice to, say, pre-populate the "title" input field with something meaningful while creating a new post...?
Edi
Site Admin

Exactly.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets