504 Gateway Timeout when using Backup plugin

timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

When I try to create a backup using the Backup plugin, I get an error message, a 503 error. It happened about a year ago too but I fixed it by increasing the PHP memory limit. Now the problem has come back. I upgraded to PHP 8 and then increased the memory limit once again. That got rid of the 503 error but now I get a new error: 504 Gateway Time-out. I've tried to get help from my web host but they're not very helpful at all. They want me to check the Backup plugin error log but I don't see one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Is this a Bludit problem or is this something my web host should be fixing if they cared enough to do so?
Edi
Site Admin

What is the size of your installation?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

What exactly are you asking? I don't understand. Is that the size of the Bludit folder in my site server, or the size of the zip file that Backup creates? Or something else?
My latest backup zip file was 223 MB. It looks like the backup is being created but instead of returning to the backup plugin page after creating the zip file, I get the 504 error. If I hit the back button and return to the dashboard, then go back in to the plugin page, I see a backup is there. I don't know if it's a complete backup, though. When I was getting the 503 error, the backups would only be around 6 MB which is obviously too small and probably corrupted.

I hope someone can help because my webhost, FlokiNet, won't help at all. I'm going to change hosts soon.