Using Excessive Disk Space!

timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

I've been using Bludit for two years and never used up much of my allowed server space at my web host. But recently I got a warning that I was nearing my limit. I checked and my two blogs are using almost 14 GB's of disk space, almost all of it in the public html folder, which is where my blogs are. I haven't added a lot of new content and what I have is text and relatively small images. I don't know why my blogs are suddenly needing so much space. I've looked through my folders and I don't see anything I can safely delete. Has anyone else encountered this? I don't want to buy more server space if Bludit is the problem and I just need to delete some duplicated files.
Edi
Site Admin

What disk usage shows the panel "About" of the two Bludit installations?

Are there any other installations than Bludit (perhaps in subdirectories)? Are there any big log files? What about mailboxes?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

It currently shows 858 MB but that's after I deleted a bunch of old backup files. After posting this question, I dug into my file manager and under the backup plugin folder, there were several large backups that weren't being displayed in the Bludit dashboard. I have always deleted my previous backup when creating a new one, but for some reason several of them remained on the server. Once I got rid of those, my server space went back down to normal.
Edi
Site Admin

Thank you for your feedback!

Please keep an eye on it, and report, if "deleted" backups are not deleted but no longer shown.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets