moving domain content after the end of storage space

lodria
Master Bludit

Hi!

I would like help with a migration when the live website is no longer available. Data can only be saved manually. I can't run the domain migrator anymore. Is there any manual solution?

Thanks
novafacile
Master Bludit

I'm not sure, if I did understand the problem:

1. Access to webspace with FTP/SFTP
2. Download the complete Bludit folder
3. Upload it to an other account with more space
4. Change URL to new webspace or if not possible: change url in bl-content/databases/site.php to new url
6. Use domain migrator (if domain changed)
Last edited by novafacile on Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lodria
Master Bludit

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

It doesn't work that way for me. The problem is that if I upload it somewhere else, the page won't start. We already have the new hosting, the same domain (etc.eu). There is a backup, but it is not the latest. But I would like to be able to convey the current situation. The old ftp connection of the website is still there, but the domain has been registered to another place. If I just copy it there, it's not perfect. So any idea?
Edi
Site Admin

lodria wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:35 am The problem is that if I upload it somewhere else, the page won't start.
What do you mean with the page does not start? What happens? Is there an error message in the log file?

Do I understand it right that you use the same domain name for the old and the new domain? Are there the same configurations with http or https, and with or without www?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
lodria
Master Bludit

Yes. Same domain, https, just a different hosting provider. But if I copy all the files, the page is not good.
Edi
Site Admin

Again my questions:
  1. What do you mean with the page does not start? What happens?
  2. Is there an error message in the log file?
lodria
Master Bludit

Hi!

this is the only error message:

[29-Nov-2022 16:40:34 Europe/Budapest] /home/an/12345.eu/blog/bl-content/workspaces/backup/*.zip

When I open it, it's like there is no css. Only the text is visible.

Unfortunately, the mistake was made that the domain migrator was not started on time. In the meantime, due to the transfer, the domain started working on the other hosting.
Edi
Site Admin

Can you please post the URL of the website.
novafacile
Master Bludit

lodria wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:40 pm Unfortunately, the mistake was made that the domain migrator was not started on time. In the meantime, due to the transfer, the domain started working on the other hosting.
You only need the domain migrator if you change the domain. If you transfer the domain to an other provider you don't need to do anything special. It's just copy all files from the old to the new webspace and wait until the domain transfer is successful.

You also don't need the Backup Plugin for that. This is to have a backup of you content and config if you made an error or if you have no access to the webspace/server anymore (if you downloaded it before). But you had/have access to the old webspace and can download the whole Bludit folder.

Are you sure that everything is set up correct (e.g. ssl config)?

Like Edi said, to take a look we need the url.
lodria
Master Bludit

Hi!

I also thought that the domain migrator was not needed in such a case. But there's something wrong with it. The files are completely saved. That's why I don't understand what the problem could be. Where can I write to you, because I didn't want to enter the link here for now.