Preset post layout templates

Rodimus
Jr. Bludit

Hi all,
Firstly, really enjoying my early exploration with Bludit. Massive thanks to all who work on the development of the platform.

I was wondering if there is a plugin or feature that allows post layouts to be preset and then be selectable within the editor when creating and editing posts os that some posts can have one layout and other posts can have different layouts.

Failing that, is there a way that the post layout can be edited in the the theme?

At the moment, I have been posting in my own html for different layouts, but it would be really useful to be able to select from a library of editable presets.

Thanks.
Edi
Site Admin

The solution depends of the theme and what you want to modify: HTML, CSS etc.

There is also the plugin Bootstrap toolbar:

https://plugins.bludit.com/plugin/bootstrap-toolbar
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Rodimus
Jr. Bludit

Thanks, I've installed that and it's great. I'm using the Editorial theme. Is there a script containing the HTML that I can edit to affect the base post layout so that I can reposition the cover image and also, is there a tage I can add in to the html of posts to include the cover image?
Rodimus
Jr. Bludit

It's ok, I think I've found it in 'home.php' in the theme folder.
SugaComa
Jr. Bludit

From my experience of modding my own theme, home.php would not be the best to modify for single page content , you would be better with page.php

Also I have not tried this yet , but you maybe able to copy page.php and edit it rename it and then call that particular PHP file from the page editor

The hardest thing about modding your own themes is that you have header & footer containing only the header and footer html these then feed into other files that also contain parts of the default html.

Ideally header and footer would contain the base layout information allowing for complete control of the content via content *template.phps* template is replaced with the name of the specific PHP file to call for that specific content styling leaving the rest of the site untouched stylistically, you could choose to add in CSS to be called with the specific template or for stylistic flow use your existing CSS for color scheme and just add in layout specifics