About DevTheme categories and footer

jeronath
Sr. Bludit

Hello everybody !
I'm building a new website with the beautiful DevTheme, a French site of philosophical and political reflections, which appears for the moment in build mode at jnd.one. I have a few questions about features I don't know how to work with.
First question: I would like to be able to choose the order in which categories are displayed in the menu. I tried with the Categories+ plugin but it doesn't work.
Second question: in the footer, I can't find a solution to display icons for the Mastodon and VK social accounts linked to this new site.
Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks in advance.
Edi
Site Admin

jeronath wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:49 pm First question: I would like to be able to choose the order in which categories are displayed in the menu. I tried with the Categories+ plugin but it doesn't work.
To use the plugin Categories+ with the theme DevTheme the theme has to be modified.

If you want I can give you the code.
Second question: in the footer, I can't find a solution to display icons for the Mastodon and VK social accounts linked to this new site.
Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks in advance.
The font dtivons does not have the two icons. Therefore the font for social icons has to be exchanged.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
jeronath
Sr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:03 pm
To use the plugin Categories+ with the theme DevTheme the theme has to be modified.

If you want I can give you the code.
I'd love to! I am unable to make this kind of modification... and I can't find the time to really get into php...Thanks in advance!
The font dtivons does not have the two icons. Therefore the font for social icons has to be exchanged.
Ok I'll look into it and try to find a font that has these symbols.