I began a new website and there is not display sidebar menu

erevnitis
Jr. Bludit

Dear friends I installed BLUDIT and began a greek website www.xristianoi.gr with Alternative theme which I like more from others.
I have activate CATEGORIES plugin but didn't display sidebar menu with categories. Now I have 8 articles in 2 categories.
I tried to activate instead of categories, the NAVIGATION plugin but also nothing happen.
(For history: When I activate BLOG X theme, there was no problem. Sidebar menu it was ok.
But when I split articles to 2 parts (for don't display full article but a part with READ MORE) then the ABOUT plugin and CATEGORIES went down in bottom of website.
When deactivated ABOUT then CATEGORIES went in right place but something was wrong because display the category name and the number of posts displayed in next line
).
Do you have some idea what is the reason?
Thank you very much.
Edi
Site Admin

erevnitis wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:34 pm Dear friends I installed BLUDIT and began a greek website www.xristianoi.gr with Alternative theme which I like more from others.
I have activate CATEGORIES plugin but didn't display sidebar menu with categories. Now I have 8 articles in 2 categories.
I tried to activate instead of categories, the NAVIGATION plugin but also nothing happen.
The theme Alternative has no sidebar to display plugins.
(For history: When I activate BLOG X theme, there was no problem. Sidebar menu it was ok.
But when I split articles to 2 parts (for don't display full article but a part with READ MORE) then the ABOUT plugin and CATEGORIES went down in bottom of website.
When deactivated ABOUT then CATEGORIES went in right place but something was wrong because display the category name and the number of posts displayed in next line
).
I cannot reproduce this. If you set the website like this I can have a look at it.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
erevnitis
Jr. Bludit

Thank you for the information about theme ALTERNATIVE that it does not have sidebar.

Now I selected Editorial theme and is has nice look.

1) Do you know if EDITORIAL support static pages? Because I think that is not.
2) Can I change color of letters (is grey not black) in my site and how?
3) Do you suggest a theme that is good for blog and have also static pages? And has not known bugs?
4) I would like to ask you about a file in server install.php if I must delete it or no?

I would be appreciate very much your help!
Edi
Site Admin

erevnitis wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:31 am 1) Do you know if EDITORIAL support static pages? Because I think that is not.
Yes, the theme supports static pages. Activate the the plugin Static Pages to show a menu in the sidebar.
2) Can I change color of letters (is grey not black) in my site and how?
This can be done with CSS.

1) Activate the plugin HTML Content.

2) Enter the following in the field "Head":

Code: Select all

<style>
body, input, select, textarea {
  color: #000;
}
</style>
3) Do you suggest a theme that is good for blog and have also static pages? And has not known bugs?
For example the default theme Blog X.
4) I would like to ask you about a file in server install.php if I must delete it or no?
No, it must not be deleted.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets