Best Comment-Plugin

Jackobli
Ssr. Bludit

Hello

I really like the possibility to add comments to my blog.
I already lost some comments due to compatibility problems.
Now, after update of my latest bludit, I had again issues and to remove the snicker plugin. This plugin seems old/outdated.
What is your recommendation of a secure and easy comment plugin?
And yes, of course I would like to store the comments on my site itself than in some proprietary third party system. If possible.
rxcv
Jr. Bludit

Hi!

I have the same need as you. I don't want to use Disqus because it's not privacy friendly. I found Commento++ but couldn't install it on my server because of technical incompatibilities. Then I found Isso Comments and it seems to work well. I set it up on my own server, so the comments stay on my hardware. It's easy to setup, and use no third party. Though, I'm still testing. I wrote a plugin to use it and if you want I can share it after fine-tuning the details, but you need your own Isso instance.

you can see how it is doing on my website.

Sorry for my English.
Jackobli
Ssr. Bludit

rxcv wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:53 pm Then I found Isso Comments and it seems to work well. I set it up on my own server, so the comments stay on my hardware. It's easy to setup, and use no third party. Though, I'm still testing. I wrote a plugin to use it and if you want I can share it after fine-tuning the details, but you need your own Isso instance.
Sounds quite good. I think, I would be able to setup Isso, should be fine running on the same web server? Would you than publish the plugin to GitHub? My main problem is maintainability. Some larger change to php and the whole stuff breaks again?
you can see how it is doing on my website.
Hmm, didn't find the comment section there. Lot's of protected stuff instead?
Sorry for my English.
No problem, not my mothers tongue too, but better than my written Français!
Jackobli
Ssr. Bludit

Just found that very old plugin for Isso.
Perhaps this could be reused / updated?
https://plugins.bludit.com/plugin/isso-client