problem with snicker

TheAtarian
Jr. Bludit

First a hello from a new member,
which also comes with a problem.

the snicker-plugin gives me some problems:

Always after I have activated the plugin I get when calling my page nothing displayed, the page remains empty

Bludit version: 3.14.1
PHP: 5.6, 7.4 and 8.1 tested
Theme; alternate

The installation is the unchanged basic version with only snicker additionally activated.

I have installed it at a Freehoster (limacity.de) also to test, because I can switch PHP versions there and also generate detailed error messages.

Here the error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Session::start(), 0 passed in /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/bl-plugins/snicker-0.1.2/plugin.php on line 803 and exactly 2 expected in /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/bl-kernel/helpers/session.class.php:8 Stack trace: #0 /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/bl-plugins/snicker-0.1.2/plugin.php(803): Session::start() #1 /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/bl-kernel/helpers/theme.class.php(233): SnickerPlugin->beforeSiteLoad() #2 /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/bl-kernel/boot/site.php(17): Theme::plugins('beforeSiteLoad') #3 /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/index.php(42): require('/home/webpages/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/webpages/lima-city/myname/cms/bl-kernel/helpers/session.class.php on line 8

May I get some help? Thx
Sry my bad english
lodria
Master Bludit

Hi!

It's a plugin that hasn't been updated, that could be the problem. I think you should find another solution. Maybe write MULTICOLOR, it might help you and write a new plugin.
TheAtarian
Jr. Bludit

Hi,

thank a lot!
stani
Master Bludit

lodria: Maybe it would be better than programming a new plugin, to finish Snicker.

Snicker works for me, only one important thing is missing: email notifications to the administrator about new posts.
Bernie
Ssr. Bludit

Quick and dirty hack for email notification of new comments

Edit the following file:
/bl-plugins/pytesNET-snicker-ae0b804/system/class.comments.php

Go to line 432 (At the end of the add function)

Code: Select all

return $uid
Put the following code above it:

Code: Select all

mail("info@mypage.com", "A new comment on MyPage.com", "The new commentary has yet to be reviewed and approved.", "From: noreply@mypage.com");
Replace info@mypage.com with your own e-mail address. Enter your own domain at MyPage.com and noreply@mypage.com.

Greetings
Bernie
stani
Master Bludit

Bernie: many thanks. ;)

Is this correct?
test.jpg
test.jpg (47.1 KiB) Viewed 5735 times
Bernie
Ssr. Bludit

Hello Stani!

Yes, that is so correct. Don't forget to enter your own email address.

Greetings
Bernie
stani
Master Bludit

Bernie: and wouldn't you like to finish Snicker? :)

There are still some things to do...