Custom fields

looseHead
Jr. Bludit

Hi
I'm new to Bludit, and playing with your demo site. Some questions:

am I correct to understand that once a custom field is defined, it is available in all pages?
are there limits to the number of custom fields?
when setting up the Custom Field Parser plugin, the text areas that appear are not identified - is this correct? If there are multiple custom fields, this is confusing.
[/list]
In relation to the last question, I will try to attach a screen grab showing what I see.

cheers

CG
Parser.jpg
Parser.jpg (65.94 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Edi
Site Admin

looseHead wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:30 pm am I correct to understand that once a custom field is defined, it is available in all pages?
Yes.
are there limits to the number of custom fields?
No
when setting up the Custom Field Parser plugin, the text areas that appear are not identified - is this correct? If there are multiple custom fields, this is confusing.
What do you mean with "the text areas that appear are not identified"?

By the way there are several examples for the use of custom fields in the documentation:

https://docs.bludit.com/en/content/custom-fields
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
tibbz
Jr. Bludit

I'm new to Bludit too and very much enjoying evaluating it. Whilst I realise that the field is available on every page the value is not. Is it possible to read the value from another page?
Edi
Site Admin

tibbz wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:27 pm Whilst I realise that the field is available on every page the value is not. Is it possible to read the value from another page?
A custom field is an additional field for a page or post.

To retrieve the content of another page or post you have to modify the code of the theme (if there are any regularities) or the editor page. Both need some experience.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets