New web design tricks for bludit!

Edi
Site Admin

jmonroe wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm Maybe it would be easier if you let Edi login to your site and do the changes needed for you.
Im not sure if I have understood what has to be done. ;-)
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
jmonroe
Sr. Bludit

When you have a page you want as your home page instead of the original post page, you set it as the predefined home page and it takes that link mysite.com/portfolio/pa and does a forward with masking to appear as mysite.com. For your blog page, I would recommend creating a Category title Blog. Then, edit all of the existing content you have and add it to the category Blog. Now your blog page will become mysite.com/category/blog and all of your content you create will be displayed on that page. Just remember that when you create new content, assign it to the Blog category.
lodria wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:48 pm But when I set up a predefined page, the link to the original first page changes. So that's exactly what I can't set. In my case, what is the link?
Jeremy Monroe
I Support Bludit via Patreon
lodria
Master Bludit

Thank you very much! That was the solution.
Edi
Site Admin

Which one? ;-)
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
lodria
Master Bludit

This is the right:
jmonroe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 pm When you have a page you want as your home page instead of the original post page, you set it as the predefined home page and it takes that link mysite.com/portfolio/pa and does a forward with masking to appear as mysite.com. For your blog page, I would recommend creating a Category title Blog. Then, edit all of the existing content you have and add it to the category Blog. Now your blog page will become mysite.com/category/blog and all of your content you create will be displayed on that page. Just remember that when you create new content, assign it to the Blog category.
lodria wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:48 pm But when I set up a predefined page, the link to the original first page changes. So that's exactly what I can't set. In my case, what is the link?
lodria
Master Bludit

Here is the result, which is not good: http://apcool.nhely.hu/portfolio/category/blog

Regardless, if I take out the menu then jmonroe's solution is absolutely perfect

The menu is okay everywhere, only not on this link. Something conflicts with css or php.
The width of the page is not good either.
But I hope so.. ;)
jmonroe
Sr. Bludit

You're welcome. Glad I could help.
lodria wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:25 am Thank you very much! That was the solution.
Jeremy Monroe
I Support Bludit via Patreon