Images have wrong orientation

rogboyce
Jr. Bludit

Hi,

The images on my blog posts (on the homepage: brandonsbathrooms.co.uk) have the wrong orientation in some browsers. Looks OK in Chrome and firefox but not safari or microsoft edge where the photos appear lying on their side. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Edi
Site Admin

Are the images made with an iPhone?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
rogboyce
Jr. Bludit

Thanks, yes they were not taken by me but i assumed they were from a phone. Although when i right click one and look at the properties > details it doesn't give any information about the camera or anything much.

This is my first Bludit website and it's taken several days to put it together only to discover the images won't orientate correctly. The photos all show correctly in every app I open them in and on my PC so I know the EXIF information about their orientation should be correct. It seems to be only when uploaded to Bludit unfortunately.

I tried:

img {
image-orientation: from-image;
}

and that fixed it for Firefox and the new Chrome-based microsoft browser, but not on edge browser or on safari when i look only my mac.

Really hope you can help!
Edi
Site Admin

Try for example to cut a little bit the image.

It's normally the (strange) behaviour of images made with an iPhone.
rogboyce
Jr. Bludit

Thanks for your suggestion. I think there must have been something wrong with that batch of photos, perhaps how they were compressed before being emailed to me or something. Anyway I found out that if opened them individually in windows photos app and then just adjusted the brightness a bit then resaved them then they were OK once upload.
Thanks again. I like Bludit, it's nice and simple and straightforward to setup and use.
Edi
Site Admin

rogboyce wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:21 am Anyway I found out that if opened them individually in windows photos app and then just adjusted the brightness a bit then resaved them then they were OK once upload.
This is also possible. The images have to be modified (a little bit) and saved.
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

The camera orientation is saved in the EXIF data. You could delete the EXIF stuff with a graphics program like IrfanView or whatever (https://www.maketecheasier.com/best-app ... om-images/) and rotate the image in a second step. You might want to copy your original photo and only edit the copy.
On Error GoTo Bed