Insert Youtube video?

paul59
Jr. Bludit

How can I inset a Youtube video into a page? I've tried the 'recommended' method on https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_youtube.asp (using an iframe) but it just shows an empty box. I'm using the 'mediumish' theme.

TIA

Paul
Edi
Site Admin

Which editor do you use?

See also:

Media Display plugin
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
paul59
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:39 am Which editor do you use?

See also:

Media Display plugin
Thank you, I'll look into that plug-in once I've finished building the initial site.
Edi
Site Admin

And if somebody is interested in: With TinyMCE you can also use the editor Media plugin that comes with Bludit. To activate it you can go to the settings of the plugin TinyMCE, then add video to the fields "Toolbar top" and "Plugins".
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

I tried your advice and added the label "video" to both the toolbar top and plugins fields in TinyMCE and then saved. Nothing new showed up when I tried to create a new post. (I've tried the other editors too and nothing works for video.)

Why is it so difficult to embed a video in Bludit? Video is everything now but it's way too difficult to embed one in this CMS. The word "embed" doesn't even bring up any results in the documentation. Video should one of the most basic elements of the platform without having to hunt for plugins.

I'm sure there's a way to do this. I'm trying to use standard embed code utilizing iframes as generated by YouTube and similar video platforms.
Edi
Site Admin

With the current version of TinyMCE you have to use media (instead of video).

You can find more information about the editor plugin in the documentation of TinyMCE at

https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/plugins/media/
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

That worked. Thank you for the fast reply. My sanity is restored! But I still think there should be clear instructions on embedding videos somewhere we can easily find it. But all good for now.
Edi
Site Admin

We will add some informations about the editor TinyMCE to the documentation.
nootkan
Sr. Bludit

Realize this is an old post but for the record you can also switch to the "source code view" (<>) and add the embedded iframe code there. This is how I do it all the time.