Using 'card text' in Editorial theme

paul59
Jr. Bludit

I'm just testing Bludit and the Editorial theme seems ideal in all regards except that it displays the entire article content on the home page. As some of my articles are long with many pictures, this doesn't look good (and won't give good performance).

Is there a simple way to display a summary of the article on the front page in the same way that the 'Mediumish' theme does? Looking at that theme in my browser's inspector I see that the text is described as 'card text' - how can I incorporate that in the Editor theme? If it involves too much work I probably won't bother as my level of expertise in php/html/css is not great!

Cheers

Paul
Edi
Site Admin

paul59 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:54 pm Is there a simple way to display a summary of the article on the front page in the same way that the 'Mediumish' theme does?
There is something weird, that has to be fixed.

The "More" button does not show by default.

If you add a "Page break" to a standard content (by clicking the button in TinyMCE) all standard content shows the "More" button. Same with static content: If you add a "Page break" to a static content all static content shows the "More" button.

I opened a ticket:

https://github.com/bludit-themes/editorial/issues/4
Looking at that theme in my browser's inspector I see that the text is described as 'card text' - how can I incorporate that in the Editor theme?
"Card-text" has nothing to do with this. It's used by the CSS framework Bootstrap:

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/components/card/
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
paul59
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:57 pm
There is something weird, that has to be fixed.

The "More" button does not show by default.

If you add a "Page break" to a standard content (by clicking the button in TinyMCE) all standard content shows the "More" button. Same with static content: If you add a "Page break" to a static content all static content shows the "More" button.

I opened a ticket:

https://github.com/bludit-themes/editorial/issues/4
Ah, I see thank you. How long does it usually take for theme bugs to get fixed?
Edi
Site Admin

I hope that it can be done next week.
paul59
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:52 pm I hope that it can be done next week.
Fantastic! Thank you.
Edi
Site Admin

It's fixed.
paul59
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pmIt's fixed.
Sorry but something isn't right :(

I downloaded the zip, deleted the original editorial theme folder and replaced it with the fixed version. For some reason this version only shows the last two posts although I have created nine and Settings->General->Advanced is set to 4 items per page. Also the little sidebar menu button at top left doesn't show up when the site is loaded (so there's no way to navigate static pages etc) but the sidebar pops out when I read the first post. If I return to the site's home page the sidebar and button disappear again. Also, the 'zoom' feature when hovering over one of the images doesn't work.

I switched back to 'mediumish' and everything seems to be working as expected. On reflection that theme will probably suit the site better anyway (although I'd like to incorporate that image zoom effect :D ) but I thought you might like to know of the problems with 'editorial' anyway.
Edi
Site Admin

Thank you for your feedback!

There was a typo. Now everything should work as expected.
paul59
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:48 pm Now everything should work as expected.
Almost :D The 'next page' button seems to be missing; I have 9 articles with 4 set to display per page but there's no way to access the older ones.