blog posts expand function?!

liq
Jr. Bludit

Hi there!
I'm absolutely shocked by the absence of a base function for any blog site engine. Is there an ability of showing just fragments of every post, and to expand the full text by the button "read more" under each post fragment. If no, how is that??
Please, say I'm wrong here, and I just didn't find it!
It's awfull - to scroll every post to find others somewhere far away down the homepage, which is long, long, very-very long...
What to do, how to realize that very base function of every blogging cms?
Thanks!
Edi
Site Admin

There is an explanation and a video in the documentation:

https://docs.bludit.com/en/content/add-a-read-more-link
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
liq
Jr. Bludit

Thank you so much!
The solution is quick and easy enough, but there is one moment in there.
I suppose, the user (bloger) may often forget to split the content of posts, and there will be short fragments of posts and long full post texts, amazingly mixed on the home page. I myself will not forget to do that, but a blogging user...
Well, it seems to me that the function of short post fragment preview with "read more" button should be activated out of the box, and split the post automatically into two parts when publishing it.
Hardly someone needs to have a full length posts published on the main page of the site. It's a rather strange approach, in my humble opinion..
But, nevetheless, I'm very grateful to you for help!

Warm regards!
Jay
Master Bludit

Check out the code of blekathlon and devtheme. They have an own, independent of bludit, small function responsible of creating posts excerpts containing a set numbers of chars.