move Blekathlon search to new menu

essentialsoflife
Ssr. Bludit

I am customizing the Blekathlon theme. I love the search feature, but I wanted a different menu. I simply can't figure out how to add the search feature to my menu. I have added it to the top of the page, where it works fine, but it doesn't show up when I move it to the menu under the header image.

I think the css is incompatible, but I am only a beginner and can't figure out where the problem is. To add it to the menu, the code needs to be placed under a list element, but, when I do that, nothing shows. I seem to be missing something...

or turn the Blekathlon menu into a drop-down menu that I can add links to like I have...

Here is my test site (there is text on the menu showing where I want the search feature to go):
http://cdn.essentialsoflife.net/bludit-test/

Ideas are welcome - even if the idea is the suggestion to hire someone to do it. ;) Thank you!
dbelov
Ssr. Bludit

Hi, i will not be very helpful, but this type of search is good to be at top. Search result items come after it and they need all available space. Maybe is good when your user click on new search button to scroll to top and show default SB with little redesign for your new UI.
essentialsoflife
Ssr. Bludit

I don't mind the menu needing to be at the top of the page. I can work with that. I just can't seem to combine my drop down menu items with the Blekathlon search. I got my menu from Code Canyon, so it was just a matter of copy and paste (I have so much to learn!). I do understand a little CSS and PHP though and will try to alter the Blekathlon menu to look the same. :)
essentialsoflife
Ssr. Bludit

Good news! I figured out that I can put my menu in the site-branding class section and all is well. :) My mobile menu doesn't work, but I see that is a problem on some non-Bludit pages and I just need to figure out where I went wrong there :oops: