[Solved] problem with showing tags list on pages

Jay
Master Bludit

I wanted to show categories and tags on hide'able menu in devtheme using

Code: Select all

<?php Theme::plugins('siteSidebar') ?>
On homepage everything works smooth as supposed.
The problem appears on pages, where I get errors with accessing the tags db

Notice: Trying to get property 'db' of non-object in /bl-plugins/tags/plugin.php on line 43

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /bl-plugins/tags/plugin.php on line 43
It's weird, because categories works fine, and access to db file inside both tag and categories plugin.php is almost identical.

Is it more a theme problem (more a lack of including something in devtheme) or bludit's core?
Edi
Site Admin

How do you show the tags? With which code?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Jay
Master Bludit

Edi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:19 pm With which code?
I use the builtin' bludit sidebar code for all sidebar plugins, as descibed in my first post

<?php Theme::plugins('siteSidebar') ?>
categories works fine, tags throws error.
I have no idea how to approach to fix this bug(?).
I'll try to write my own code, but I just feel it will end up with same problems accessing DB.
Edi
Site Admin

I do not understand what you are trying to do... Including the sidebar in a page?
Jay
Master Bludit

Edi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 pm I do not understand what you are trying to do... Including the sidebar in a page?
Basically yes. I'd like to get a sidebar with all bludit's plugin in devtheme.
Otherwise I'd need to wrote my own code to include every plugin I'd like to have :cry:

If you wan't to get an overview of the error, add the <?php Theme::plugins('siteSidebar') ?> code somewhere in devtheme, for example footer.php and check the difference between showing categories and tags on homepage and in one of posts (assuming both categories and tags plugins are enabled).

edit: it is the same problem i had with trying to list all posts under domain/blog/postX urls.
object(Tags) can be accessed only on homepage.
And this explains why categories show up without problem on all pages - they are an array type which can be accessed globally.
The funny part of this situation is that under blogx or mediumish theme everything works fine.
Edi
Site Admin

Jay wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:10 pm The funny part of this situation is that under blogx or mediumish theme everything works fine.
The theme DevTheme has some additional functions, which perhaps can cause the issue. The best would be to ask the developer.

Either on GitHub at

https://github.com/blthemes/DevTheme

or in the Bludit chat at

https://gitter.im/bludit/support
Jay
Master Bludit

Edi wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm The theme DevTheme has some additional functions, which perhaps can cause the issue. The best would be to ask the developer.
Right when you were writing answer I was contacting with devtheme's developer :lol: (forgot devtheme's is a 3rd party developer's theme)
They'll soon update the theme to meet all new core updates.

But still, after comparing all methods used in theme with default bludit's theme everything seems fine.
Using all bludit's method I needed didn't make any problems.
At least on homepage.
Jay
Master Bludit

Edi wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm The theme DevTheme has some additional functions, which perhaps can cause the issue. The best would be to ask the developer.
Something touched me to try one additional thing, as I believed there has to be 1 small catch. I'd never guess that this snippet was causing trouble

$tags = $page->tags(true);
foreach($tags as $tagKey=>$tagName) 
and changing this to

foreach($page->tags(true) as $tagKey=>$tagName) 
Solved the problem.