user inactive time out...

ionicnova
Ssr. Bludit

hi all.
running 3.5 pro at the moment (but this happened with all v3 installs though not v2).
if i'm inactive for a time when using the admin panel i can't see the content and the dashboard mostly isn't visible. the only way i can get everything working properly is to click 'logout' and log back in again. i'm running the install in private mode so when this happens i can't see the posts on the main page either. at first i thought it was a cache issue but i think i've ruled that out.
is there a setting in config where i can extend the duration of inactivity? it's not really a big deal but a slight annoyance.
diego
Site Admin

Hi,
I would like to see the logs, can you share it ? php_error.log

Thanks
ionicnova
Ssr. Bludit

diego wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 pm Hi,
I would like to see the logs, can you share it ? php_error.log

Thanks
hi.
thanks for replying.
don't have time to delve too deeply right now but i'm seeing this...

[/removed/] Login::isLogged | FingerPrint are differents. [] != [f3c67ccc7a9b255837ebdbbec971be5d2a8067ca]\nPHP message: [INFO] [3.5]
[/removed/] Security::generateTokenCSRF | New Token CSRF [84c825e877951347db01a5cd7afe30379b6be31e]\nPHP message: [INFO] [3.5]
[/removed/] Login::verifyUserByRemember | The user has different token or the token doesn't exist.\n',
referer: https://removed/dashboard

don't know if that helps
diego
Site Admin

I would like all the log. Also I need the time, when you was out and then return to se in the logs that window of time.

Anyway, the only one how can expire the session is the server, because if you don’t close the browser the cookie session in the browser still alive. So could be in the server you have a session timeout small.

Please change this variable, from this file.

https://github.com/bludit/bludit/blob/m ... es.php#L89

Instead of 3600, set 21600

Regards
ionicnova
Ssr. Bludit

diego wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:10 am I would like all the log. Also I need the time, when you was out and then return to se in the logs that window of time.

Anyway, the only one how can expire the session is the server, because if you don’t close the browser the cookie session in the browser still alive. So could be in the server you have a session timeout small.

Please change this variable, from this file.

https://github.com/bludit/bludit/blob/m ... es.php#L89

Instead of 3600, set 21600

Regards
great, thank you. i'd been looking for a setting similar to that in the config files.
i have set it to 36000 and did the same with the SESSION_COOKIE_LIFE_TIME.
will test it today and report back.
ionicnova
Ssr. Bludit

afraid that hasn't worked. cleared all cookies but the behaviour remains even with the 36000 setting.
this is what it looks like when it happens. i just clicked on 'Content' and the items vanish from the left-hand side.
if i get to the bottom of it i'll repost.
diego
Site Admin

Looks like you change from admin role to editor role.
You have more users or just one ?
ionicnova
Ssr. Bludit

diego wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm Looks like you change from admin role to editor role.
You have more users or just one ?
hadn't thought of that! (i've never logged in as an editor so had never seen what they see). there are two users but one doesn't log in (they have editor permissions). if i give them admin permissions...
will try that.
appreciate your help, again.
diego
Site Admin

I would like to know what happen, looks like a bug.
ionicnova
Ssr. Bludit

diego wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:41 pm I would like to know what happen, looks like a bug.
of course. i'll update in a couple of hours.