Why there are not "posts" enabled in bludit-2.0?

Edi
Site Admin

Torsten_Kelsch wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:03 pmI was only a bit unsettled what direction Bludit might move to.
I can understand this. But there is a lot of discussion here and in Gitter. No worries!
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Edi
Site Admin

Kimda wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 pm In my opinion there should be two different section for entries and static pages. For example if i a have 120 pages and 250 news, than i have problem to find pages in admin panel because both - entries and pages are mixed.
No, they aren't. In this case there will be pages and pages ordered by date (posts). But first of all there have to be 120 pages and 250 posts. This is quite a lot. ;-)
Support for SQLite would be nice :)
Bludit needs no additional database, not a MySQL, SQLite or whatever database.
Mark
Ssr. Bludit

Personally I like not having a database. Main feature that attracted me to Bludit!

Also, I love not having a difference between Pages and Posts. The biggest difference is simply in how the website navigation/sitemap is established by the designer. The data on the page/post and the structure of the code has always been nearly identical. ;)

Seriously, it is my opinion that Bludit is moving in the right direction!
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Mark wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:28 pm Also, I love not having a difference between Pages and Posts. The biggest difference is simply in how the website navigation/sitemap is established by the designer. The data on the page/post and the structure of the code has always been nearly identical. ;)

Seriously, it is my opinion that Bludit is moving in the right direction!
I recently installed Bludit 2 Beta 6, and I like it so far. Blog posts and static pages might be technically the same, but nevertheless publishing blog posts/articles is not the same as creating static pages, like imprint, about us or whatever. Anyway, I think it is made easy in beta 6 to keep posts from static pages.
On Error GoTo Bed
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

In Bludit 2 Beta 6, it is still not possible to sort static pages and published pages (= posts) in a different way. I need to sort static pages by position, and published pages by date. Will that be possible in future versions?
On Error GoTo Bed
Edi
Site Admin

Please try Bludit v2.0 Beta 7:

https://blog.bludit.com/bludit-v2-beta7
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Oh, I finally understand how it works (I guess). I can sort by date generally, then install the plugin Static pages, and if I change the position numbers of the static pages, the pages are sorted in the sidebar menu of Static pages according to my sorting. Correct?

Anyway, a visual sorting by JavaScript drag and drop in the dashboard would be nice, and it would also be nice to see the date AND the position, if it’s not asking too much. But for now, I can live with the current solution. Thanks. I like Bludit 2 more and more.
On Error GoTo Bed
bayerberg
Master Bludit

Have a feeling that Bludit 2.0 is not for general public, the "target market" looks like people who want to read up in how things are done before attempting to do anything based on it. Hope there will be support for 1.xx cause I have couple projects running on it and porting everything to 2.0 doesn't look feasible at this point.

Ok, diving into 2.0 properly, quite possible this will result in a theme I would be able to release to the public so wish me luck ;)
bludit plugins and themes - makeitblu | I do things, check them out on behance and dribbble.
Edi
Site Admin

bayerberg wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:48 pm Have a feeling that Bludit 2.0 is not for general public, the "target market" looks like people who want to read up in how things are done before attempting to do anything based on it.
Bludit 2 is in my opinion much more easier to understand than the older versions. And also as most of the other systems for blogging or CMS.

You can install Bludit 2 and start with a blog. Nothing has to be read or to be set. Or you can change to a website: All you have to do is read one sentence and choose the desired option. ;-)

You can still use Bludit 1.6.2. It is nice and stable. At the moment I also use both versions.
Fred
Legend Bludit

Hello,
It's been a while since I came back, and for good reason I waited for the release of Bludit 2.
I have also put at the disposal, the complete translation in French of this version on Github.

So I discover this new version, and like most users, I find this version not very user friendly about the use that we want to make of it (pages or blog or pages AND blog).

Personally I would make a different menu if we set our site in page or blog.
This parameter should be in the general configuration, or better yet why not ask the question during installation? Knowing that we could change it later in the settings.
If I select my website to create pages, the menu of the administration in the column also changes with the translation good terms. (no term "content", but "pages" or "articles").
This will be easier to sort the contents thereafter.
Ditto, if I configure my site to static pages, the plugin should be automatically enabled, which avoids long search operation.

But suddenly how I do if I want to have a home page with a blog?
I see nothing in the generated menu to the correct link to the blog.
Thank a lot for your answer.
╰☆╮Bludit╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
You are looking for a light forum based Json? Try my project Flatboard, it is free. ;)
Sorry for my little english, i'm french :oops: