Suddenly ALL dates of posts set to one date

DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Page 2... I'm not the only one that has this issue with tags (and descriptions) vanishing.
dirtdiver2010 wrote:I have the same problem. After posting a new post all posts have the same date, no description, no tags.
I wrote a topic in the german section.
As for the error log, I realized that the tag errors that are reported are people coming in from links that are no longer active. For example, if I create a tag called "color-redd" by mistake, then someone bookmarks it and returns using that link after I have corrected the tag to "color-red" then I get this in the error log:
"[22-Mar-2016 11:20:36 America/Los_Angeles] dbTags::getList | Error occurred when trying get the posts list by the tag key: color-redd
"
This is AFTER I removed my modified code from plugin.php, so you should be able to reproduce this?
Edi wrote:I wrote the data of the array in a file and it shows a missing entry only. What exactly is the function of $temptaglist?
It's a temporary array of the tags that I could sort... I threw this together really quick back when I had version 0.7.2. I'm no expert PHP programmer. I know just enough to get stuff to work, but know it's not pretty.

Here are the stats for my hosting. There are two sites on my plan, but neither has much traffic at the moment.

Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote:As for the error log, I realized that the tag errors that are reported are people coming in from links that are no longer active. For example, if I create a tag called "color-redd" by mistake, then someone bookmarks it and returns using that link after I have corrected the tag to "color-red" then I get this in the error log:
"[22-Mar-2016 11:20:36 America/Los_Angeles] dbTags::getList | Error occurred when trying get the posts list by the tag key: color-redd"
This is AFTER I removed my modified code from plugin.php, so you should be able to reproduce this?
I was aware of it before and tested it. It does not crash the installation. There is only no result for the link.
Here are the stats for my hosting. There are two sites on my plan, but neither has much traffic at the moment.
The value for the memory limit must be somewhere else. I think it's not so important. If the memory limit is to low it's possible that the script cannot be executed. But without any external database and several scripts for a task the value should not be a problem.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
kaaleth
Master Bludit

When will Diego back?
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Edi wrote:I was aware of it before and tested it. It does not crash the installation. There is only no result for the link.
I understand that this doesn't crash anything, but you were asking about the numerous references to missing tags that were present in the error log and not in my database. This is the explanation, the tag has been changed so it no longer exists, yet someone has visited the site with one of those tags in their saved link. There should probably be an error message added to the script when someone visits using a link that references a tag that does not exist -- but you guys are probably already on that. :)
Edi wrote:The value for the memory limit must be somewhere else. I think it's not so important. If the memory limit is to low it's possible that the script cannot be executed. But without any external database and several scripts for a task the value should not be a problem.
It shows 512Mb of RAM on that status panel, isn't that the limit you were asking about? Should I contact Go Daddy to inquire about a different limit? As far as I know disk space and RAM are the only two memory allocations for my account.
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Here are server stats for my site over the last 30 days, maybe this will help?

Edi
Site Admin

kaaleth wrote:When will Diego back?
I don't know. He is travelling around. I think it's nice after all the work not to think about it for a while. ;-)
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote:There should probably be an error message added to the script when someone visits using a link that references a tag that does not exist -- but you guys are probably already on that. :)
Yes this should be added.
It shows 512Mb of RAM on that status panel, isn't that the limit you were asking about?
This is far enough, and cannot be the cause of the problem.

I still do not understand the idea of $temptaglist. Tags that are no longer used are deleted by the script anyway.

In the testinstallation the array $temptaglist consists of a string with a missing tag. In the next step it will be sorted, and after this follows a loop:

Code: Select all

sort($temptaglist); // Sort the temporary array alphabetically
// print_r($temptaglist); // Sort the temporary array alphabetically
// Go through the sorted array and print each line
foreach ($temptaglist as $thistag)
This makes not much sense to me.
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Edi wrote:This makes not much sense to me.
It probably doesn't make sense because you are looking at a historical version of my site just after the dates were reset and all of the tags were wiped out. There are no tags being added to the array for sorting because the "glitch" has destroyed all of the tags. In the working version of the site, where there are at least six tags for each of 80+ blog posts, all of the tags are jumbled into the $temptaglist array, then sorted, then looped and printed into a drop menu system.

I have temporarily reinstated my modification so you can see it working live on the left sidebar here:
http://idrewyourcar.com/

Let me know when you have seen it and I will again remove the modification so we can rule it out for causing the date reset glitch.
Edi
Site Admin

I went to the site and got the error:
Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/darrendriven/public_html/bl-plugins/tags/plugin.php on line 61

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/darrendriven/public_html/bl-plugins/tags/plugin.php on line 64
As you proposed an if condition should help.
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

That is because the glitch struck again about four hours before you visited. Reset all dates to 2016-03-22 23:08:50 and wiped out all tags and descriptions again.

I noticed in the error log (link) a few hours before the "glitch moment" there were ten errors reported within six seconds where the tag "model-rabbit" was attempted to be retrieved, then three more times within three seconds less than an hour later, then fifteen more times within two seconds at the precise time that the database seems to have glitched.

This seems like some kind of bot is repeatedly requesting this tag... and it is somehow overwhelming the script? It would be nice to compare against someone else's error log when the same error occurs.