Installation - Root Folder

chriss
Jr. Bludit

Hi there,
New to Bludit. I have just installed the cms and have the admin dashboard up and running. I also changed the url from domain/bludit.com to domain.com under settings.

I'm facing the following problem. I have a multiple domain cpanel hosting account. My default root folder for my main domain, on which I intend to use bludit, is public_html. This cannot be modified. Addon domains have their own folders like public_html/domain

If I extract all files from the default bludit folder into my root folder public_html the website is shown correctly. But my addon domains would generate an internal server error. On the other hand, if I run bludit from public_html/domain the website will only display from domain/bludit.com while addon domains are displayed correctly.

Does anyone have an idea for a solution?
Edi
Site Admin

Normally the structure is the following:

mydomain.com -> /public_html/ (or html, www etc.)
subdomain.mydomain.com -> /public_html/subdomain
seconddomain.com -> /public_html/seconddomain.com

Each domain and subdomain has to point to its directory. For the installation process the name of the directory does not matter.

For example, if you install bludit in the directory seconddomain.com you can start the installation process opening http://seconddomain.com in your browser. There is no need to change any path in the settings.

Otherwise there is a misconfiguration of the server.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets