Bludit has crashed and died. Any hope?

timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

Up until Friday my Bludit blog was working fine. I made no changes between then now, but now when I try to create a post, I can save the first three paragraphs but if I add a fourth, when I try to save I get an HTTP 500 error. I tried several times with the same result. If I take the fourth paragraph off, it works again. I then tried uploading and saving a photo to the same post, and it worked. Tried the paragraph again, and I got the HTTP 500 error. It makes no sense. I also notice that the "autosave" stopped working.
Out of frustration I deleted the folder named "bludi-pro" from my web host (this is the folder I download as a zip file for backups since the backup plug-in no longer works) and then I uploaded a backup from last week from before I had any problems. The site displays, but when I try to upload a photo to a new post, it won't let me. The upload appears to be working and the blue progress bar moves to the right, but it never turns green and the image never appears.
What is going on with this thing? I've made no changes that should be affecting anything. And in any event, reverting to the backed up file should have fixed any issues, but it didn't.
I'm using Bludit Pro and PHP 8.1 FastCGI.
Can anyone help before I bail on this and move to WordPress? I really don't want to re-create almost 3 years of posts on another platform but I'm really frustrated.
Edi
Site Admin

1) Do you have enough hosting space?

2) Does the logfile show any errors?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

Thank you for responding fast!

Unlimited hosting space.
What log file am I looking for? Would it be within the Bludit folder? I just looked through all my directories in my web host server and I don't see any error logs. No logfiles at all, actually. Are you talking about PHP log files? My host turns off notifications by default so I'd have to figure out how to turn them back on.
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

Actually I have 50GB storage space and my Bludit blog is the only thing I'm hosting. The backup zip file is under 2 GB. I can't tell what the actual storage on the server is. It says only 250 MB but that can't be right. I'm confused.
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

I just got a reply from my web host. They found only one error log and it's after I deleted Bludit, reinstalled via a backup, and then tried to create a post:

[Tue Apr 11 11:24:39.254940 2023] [fcgid:warn] [pid 34301:tid
3804369581824] [client 198.54.130.117:37070] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal
error: Uncaught TypeError: imagesx(): Argument #1 ($image) must be of
type GdImage, bool given in
/home/dh_puc7g2/timomalum.com/bludit-pro/bl-kernel/helpers/image.class.php:16,
referer: https://www.timomalum.com/admin/new-content

Apparently there are no error logs from last night when the original problem appeared.
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

Last update: I reinstalled Bludit Pro and then deleted the bl-content folder and uploaded my backup folder of bl-content. By doing this I got my blog working again, but when I tried that same troublesome post from last night, it still wouldn't save to the drive. I would get an "internal server error" every time. I then tried uploading it piece by piece and saving after every paragraph or tag or photo. It worked, but I needed to put a couple of spaces (<p> </p>) between paragraphs, and when I did that, I got the internal server error again. When I took the line space out, it would save to disk. I finally gave up since I had it 99% like I wanted it.

Why would it generate an "internal server error" message simply from inserting a line space (new paragraph)? The post wasn't very long, maybe 4 short paragraphs. I've posted longer articles without any problem in the past.
Edi
Site Admin

Can you please PM me the text and the image that causes the errors.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

The image didn't cause a problem, it was just a paragraph of text. But I'll send you the text image.