SOLVED - Problem activating theme on a local server

phayz
Ssr. Bludit

I have extracted Bludit 3 to a local directory and am testing it locally using the "PHP built-in web server instructions [1]. The setup launched straight away, and I set the admin user's name and password OK.

I want to use the Tagg theme, so I then extracted it to the `themes` directory. I then logged in as the admin user, went to the Themes page and in the Tagg line, selected "Activate". The result was the following error:

Code: Select all

The requested resource /admin/install-theme/tagg-1.1 was not found on this server.
There is definitely no file of that name. I don't know how I might progress from here.

I want a local setup while I tweak some of the theme's CSS, because I can test it immediately. To test changes on my "production" site I need to edit them locally, then upload them to my host. It's only a few steps but it takes quite some time.

[1] https://docs.bludit.com/en/getting-star ... web-server
Last edited by phayz on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
phayz
Ssr. Bludit

After further testing I confirmed I can active both the Blog X and Alternative themes. They were provided with Bludit itself, so I'd expect that. I can't understand why I can't activate the Tagg theme.
Edi
Site Admin

Have uploaded the directory in the ZIP archive to the server?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
phayz
Ssr. Bludit

:oops: I managed to solve my problem by renaming the `tagg-1.1` directory to `tagg`.

I had copied the zip file into my Bludit installation's `bl-themes` directory, and extracted it in the same directory. That created a `tagg-1.1` directory, and Bludit detected it OK. However, when I tried to activate that theme, I got the error message I first reported. Now that I've renamed the directory `tagg`, I can activate the theme.
Edi
Site Admin

Thank you for your feedback!

That's rather strange. Which OS does your local server use?
phayz
Ssr. Bludit

I'm running this locally on macOS Monterey. My production web server is running Linux.

I'm running it locally while I work on finalising my configuration, and tweak the theme. That allows me to make the changes and quickly see the result. If I was making the changes on my Macbook, then uploading and checking them, it would take longer.
Edi
Site Admin

Thank you for the explanation.

On a Lynux server tagg-1.1 would be no problem. But it is better to rename it to tagg in case there are updates.