Can Backup Plugin be repaired?

timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

After my web host tweaked my account to fix a page loading problem, my Backup plugin stopped working. Now when I click on the "Create Backup" button, after several seconds I'm redirected to a HTTP 500 error page that says "This Page Isn't Working" and "timomalum.com is currently unable to handle this request". When I click the 'back' button and go back to the Backup plugin page, it shows that a backup was made, but it's only 50 Mb and it should be more than 125 Mb. Even so if try to download it, I'm sent to blank page and the download doesn't happen.

I've made no changes to my hosted files or setup other than what the web host did. The web host upgraded my PHP to alt-php74 and enabled the imagick module.

I don't know how that broke the plugin or what to do now.

Ideas?
Attachments
Bludit backup error.png
Bludit backup error.png (80.58 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
Edi
Site Admin

Shows the log file an error?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

What log file?
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

Additional info: I have another domain on this same web hosting account that also has Bludit. The Backup plugin on that domain works normally. It's the Bludit installation on TimoMalum.com that is broken. Both Bludit installations are in the same file manager: one works, the other doesn't, and I've made no changes to either prior the Backup plugin on TimoMalum.com becoming corrupted. The changes the web host made to the php version would have affected every domain and not just one.

I looked in file manager and the backup being created in the broken version is obviously incorrect. The plug in is creating a zip file plus another folder that isn't zipped. See photo, attached. Hopefully this will help to diagnose the problem.
Attachments
Bludit files screenshot.png
Bludit files screenshot.png (91.03 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Edi
Site Admin

timomalum wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:09 am What log file?
Your hosting should have a log file which shows server errors or perhaps an additional error log file.

Or you can enable the debug mod of Bludit in the file init.php in the directory /bl-kernel/boot using (line 11)

Code: Select all

define('DEBUG_MODE', TRUE);
instead of

Code: Select all

define('DEBUG_MODE', FALSE);
This creates a file debug.txt in the directory /bl-content.
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

I enabled debugging as you instructed, then tried to create a backup using the Backup plugin, which failed again, and then went back into my file manager to find the debug.txt file. There's nothing there. There is no debug.txt file.

What now?
Attachments
Screenshot_20211026_172041.png
Screenshot_20211026_172041.png (52.24 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
timomalum
Ssr. Bludit

Let me also add this history to the conversation: I was on Host 1 and I did a successful backup using the Backup plugin. I set up a new hosting account on Host 2 (intending to leave Host 1) using the same domain name and I pointed my domain name to the new nameservers. I installed Bludit Pro on Host 2 and tried to upload and restore the backup (using the Backup plugin) I created at Host 1. Since it's the same domain name it should have worked, but it didn't. I had to go into the file manager at Host 2 and upload the backup zip file there and extract it. Once done, my site loaded correctly with all files. I then tried to do a new backup on Host 2 using the plugin and it failed just like it failing now that I've moved my domain back to Host 1. Maybe this is a Bludit Pro issue? Why would a backup file work on one server and not another if they have the same configuration and domain name? What is breaking?

Note that when I changed my nameservers to point to Host 2, I left all the files in place unchanged on Host 1 in case Host 2 didn't work out and I needed to move back. Yet when I moved back to Host 1, the backups no longer worked. Maybe I need to uninstall everything and start over, but considering that's basically what I did when I set it up on Host 2, I'm not sure that's going to work, unless the backup file I've been using has been corrupted in some way.

Fishing for answers.
Edi
Site Admin

Please PM me the ZIP of the backup.
Edi
Site Admin

I was able to reproduce the error.

The problem has to do with the size of the backup file.

There has to be increased the value for PHP processes.

I will give you more information after testing different values.
Edi
Site Admin

Please try with setting memory_limit to 256M.