Autosave

Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

I think there should be an autosave function in Bludit, like there is one in WordPress. I had started an article, but paused for a while to answer an email, and after I had finished the post in Bludit 2 Beta and wanted to save it, I was kicked out of the backend and had to log in again, only to find the whole article was gone. Very annoying. It would be great if the work was autosaved from time to time, like each two minutes or so, in a temporary directory or whatever.
On Error GoTo Bed
diego
Site Admin

Hi,
SimpleMDE has the function autosave, you can enable it via the settings on the plugin.
Regards
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Ah, I see, thank you, Diego!
On Error GoTo Bed
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Switching Autosave on in the SimpleMDE editor leads to a malfunction: the wrong content is shown in the editor, content that does not belong to the currently edited page. Very strange. I had to switch it off again.
On Error GoTo Bed
Edi
Site Admin

Strange indeed... I have to test it.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Under HTTPS and PHP 7.1 in my case.
On Error GoTo Bed
adriannla
Jr. Bludit

OMG my first post with bludit and I make the rookie mistake not to copy and save offline. Even as I hit the SAVE button I think, "I should have copied that".

Over an hours worth of carefully crafted and edited text vanishes into the ether, never to be seen again :cry:

Is there no way to disable this auto-logout? I'd prefer that it did not log me out - I can do that myself.

If a page is to automatically log you out, it should inform you and give you a chance to say "not yet". It should not pretend that you are still logged in and then show you the middle finger when you attempt to commit. :(
Edi
Site Admin

Have you tried the following:

Adjusting automatic logout timing
adriannla
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:18 pm Have you tried the following:

Adjusting automatic logout timing
Thanks, I'm not certain I understand though.

I was still logged in to my cpanel in the previous tab, and was able to navigate it without having to log back in after bludit denied my post.

Is there some other sessions timeout that is mentioned, and I am not aware?

I had no idea what SimpleMDE is supposed to do before seeing this thread, but then Torsten mentions some issues with turning it on, so I haven't tried it yet.

I haven't had time to rewrite my post yet. I may try to enable the SimpleMDE and see what it does before I do so.

If you know where I can extend sessions timeout, please let me know. Otherwise it feels kind of silly/scary to have an (markdown/html) editor that you can't trust.
Edi
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay... I will test it during the week and try to find a solution.