Why there are not "posts" enabled in bludit-2.0?

Geonx
Ssr. Bludit

I installed "bludit-2.0" for testing purposes. It seems that only "pages" are enabled for everything. Are you dropped the posts altogether? I mean for someone who wants "posts" to be different from "pages".
My Plugins
My Blog | Tech, DIY, Tutorials, Retro and more…
Edi
Site Admin

There will be only the type content for pages and posts. You can set the following options ("Settings" > "Advanced" > "Website or Blog"):

1) Order by date for a blog.

2) Order by position for a website.

In addition to this there is the status "Fixed ". Together with the plugin "Fixed pages" it allows a blog with static pages.

Be aware that Bludit 2 is still Beta. Therefore do not use it for productive installations!
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
diego
Site Admin

Hi,
check the demos too:

Demo Blog
URL: https://demo.bludit.com/blog/
URL Admin panel: URL: https://demo.bludit.com/blog/admin
Username: admin
Password: demo123

Demo Website
URL: https://demo.bludit.com/website/
URL Admin panel: URL: https://demo.bludit.com/website/admin
Username: admin
Password: demo123
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

It seems that the blog part has to be on the homepage (/), and it seems not possible to put the blog articles onto a subpage (/blog). But I think this is okay, as in most cases the blog/news area will be planned to be placed on the homepage.
On Error GoTo Bed
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Some thoughts after playing around with version 2.0 beta 1:

Total chaos, in my opinion. I cannot create sub-pages to fixed pages, but I can create sub-pages to published pages (= blog posts). What sense does that make? I’m sorry to say that I think the whole page system is a lot more unintuitive than in version 1.6.x. It was good in the major version 1 that there was a difference between posts and pages – this is how every blog system or CMS I know handles the content: WordPress, Serendipity, Pagekit, to name a few. Or did I do anything wrong or overlook anything? Or will this be fixed, as it is only a beta version so far?

Under Settings > Advanced, there is an explanation: Order the content by date to build a Blog or order the content by position to build a Website. Well, nowadays it is quite common to have a website with a blog/news area, so it is not a question of either … or, but a question of as well … as. In other words, it would be useful to be able to sort the published pages by date and the fixed pages by position.
On Error GoTo Bed
Edi
Site Admin

First of all: Bludit 2 is still Beta. It's a sort of draft. Not more, and not less.
Torsten_Kelsch wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 pm[...] this is how every blog system or CMS I know handles the content: WordPress, Serendipity, Pagekit, to name a few. Or did I do anything wrong or overlook anything?
I do not like to discus other systems here. But you mentioned WordPress, and yes, you missed something. WordPress has started as blog system, and is still a blog system when it comes to its structure. There are no posts and pages in the database, only posts. But there are "Posts" and "Pages" in the backend, and a lot of users do not understand the difference. Posts for example have categories and tags, pages not. Does this make any sense?

Bludit 2 has categories and tags, no matter if there is a blog or a website.
Well, nowadays it is quite common to have a website with a blog/news area, so it is not a question of either … or, but a question of as well … as.
Not my experience. Most of the websites I have done for clients have no blog or news area. To write a blog or news is very time consuming. On the other side I installed a blog for a friend, and she has no need for any pages.

If you mentioned some CMS you have also have to mention for example Ghost. It's a blog system, and people like it because there is not the overhead of a CMS.

Anyway, Bludit 2 allows to have a website pages and with a blog or news aerea.
In other words, it would be useful to be able to sort the published pages by date and the fixed pages by position.
I do not understand the sense of this...
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

I do not care how the database of some system is structured or how the files are stored in the case of databaseless systems. But I want to handle static pages like imprint, contact, about us and so forth in a different way than blog posts, of course. And in deed I have several customers with the need of static pages and a news area for announcements.

What I mean is: I want to sort the static pages, which are called fixed in Bludit 2, neither in alphabetical order nor in chronological order in the navigation menu, but in my own way – and this is possible in almost any CMS that I know. The news area or blog should of course be ordered in a chronological order automatically, newest post on top. This is a quite usual way to handle web sites today, I think. And it is possible in Bludit 1 and should also be made possible in Bludit 2.
On Error GoTo Bed
Edi
Site Admin

Torsten_Kelsch wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 am What I mean is: I want to sort the static pages, which are called fixed in Bludit 2, neither in alphabetical order nor in chronological order in the navigation menu, but in my own way – and this is possible in almost any CMS that I know. The news area or blog should of course be ordered in a chronological order automatically, newest post on top. This is a quite usual way to handle web sites today, I think. And it is possible in Bludit 1 and should also be made possible in Bludit 2.
It will be possible with Bludit 2.

Once again: Bludit 2 is still Beta, and some functiones are missing!
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

Yes, I know it is beta software, but I believe that experiences and questions from users are/should be welcome to keep Bludit a very good CMS. I will test the next beta versions, too.
I was only a bit unsettled what direction Bludit might move to. This is because I have experienced that other CM-systems evolved to something that the users were unsatisfied with. It would be sad if that happened also to Bludit, but you have reassured me a lot, so that I have the feeling that Bludit 2 will be very good in the stable release.
On Error GoTo Bed
Kimda
Jr. Bludit

In my opinion there should be two different section for entries and static pages. For example if i a have 120 pages and 250 news, than i have problem to find pages in admin panel because both - entries and pages are mixed.

I will wait for final release bludit 2 and than i will decide - still using Bludit or move to other CMS.

Ps.
Support for SQLite would be nice :)