pages plugin

arfa
Ssr. Bludit

There are a three questions here. Looking at the pages side of things.

The first is about page 'tagging' or categories:
There is the option to tag a page but this doesn't seem to do much. Adding a new tag to a page - say:zxTAG - I see that added in blog\bl-content\databases\pages.php in the relevant page data. But, add a new page (or post) and that tag is not available. This is not the case for posts.
In pages.php there is also a field for 'category'. I wonder if this is nibbleBlog legacy? Or, is there some way to categorize pages?

My aim is to have a top-right-page menu link that displays a page list modal box. While I am mainly looking at Bludit for the blog side I can easily see that I will end up with 20? 50? pages. Any inclusion of the current pages plugin would be a loooooonnnng list. I need some way to group pages...
colors > red, blue, green, white
fruit > apple, mango, orange
names > fred, sally, etc..
ie. sub-menus - with all the pages with the tag color an array, etc.

Second...
I am assuming that I can adapt pages/plugin.php to build such an array. What do you think? Or would it be easier to start another plugin? I am not that sharp as a coder :(

Third...
So, I now look to pages-plugin inclusion. I am slowly getting my head around code flow but - it would really save me a lot of time if you could give some direction as to the call. As I said, I am reasonably competent coding but its not the day job.

I hope that this is all clear enough.
Enjoying the work - thx
Edi
Site Admin

1 and 2) Tags do not work for pages at the moment, and there are no categories. Both wiill be part of Bludit 2 that is in development.

3) There is some information in the documentation:

https://docs.bludit.com/en/plugins/plugin-basics

and

https://docs.bludit.com/en/plugins/hooks-list
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
arfa
Ssr. Bludit

Great. I look forward to v2

2 links should see me well started. I can use the existing tag write to get started.

thx
Edi
Site Admin

It's always a good idea to start modifying some code from plugins and themes that already exists.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets