Cache and Bludit. Question.

kondor
Ssr. Bludit

Hi guys,

Does Bludit use any kind of cache? And if yes how to clear it :)

I noticed namely that when I change or add some value/attribute in css or change the image in the post it is not visible immediately, even when I clear the browser cache or use completely new browser on some another computer the changes are "not touched".

First after a few hours (not sure exactly) the changes are visible in the fronted :roll:

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Konrad
Edi
Site Admin

Bludit has no own caching system.

If there is a caching, and its not from your browser, it could be from the hosting or the provider.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
kaaleth
Master Bludit

I had the same issue on webd.pl hosting, so the best solution for it was change the host. If you use diffrent place, you can ask your host provider for help because Bludit has no cache system.
kondor
Ssr. Bludit

thanks for clarification, i need then to check the settings of the server by myself as this all is placed on my own VPS.
Anyway good to know that this is not Bludit.
TcktG
Jr. Bludit

Might be the settings in your .htaccess file? Right click somewhere in your page and choose reload (don't use the reload icon in your browser's nav bar)?
kondor
Ssr. Bludit

Hmm, I think this have something to do with cloudflare, because as I tested it on server without the connection do cloudflare service css changes are visible immediately. Nevertheless for the system in cloudflare I fixed it by using version in the css path (i.e. myfile.css?v=1)
Edi
Site Admin

kondor wrote:Nevertheless for the system in cloudflare I fixed it by using version in the css path (i.e. myfile.css?v=1)
Good idea!
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

kondor wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:01 am Nevertheless for the system in cloudflare I fixed it by using version in the css path (i.e. myfile.css?v=1)
I saw this versioning somewhere, but had no idea what it meant. Now I understand. You never stop learning.
On Error GoTo Bed