How to hide some posts from the homepage

kondor
Ssr. Bludit

Hi all,

I want to hide some posts defined with special tag from the homepage, just want that they will only appear in the post content when I click on the defined tag. (let say I have some posts that belong to the tag "Archive" and don't want that they will occur on the front page as a new post)

Is there any solution for something like that?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Konrad

Edit: it could be possible to do it in the hard way :) and just filter the posts with some defined tag directly in the template in the loop of the posts, but maybe there is some nicest way, maybe within some plugin rule?
Btw. Is it possible to add some customer rule?
oldteacher
Sr. Bludit

Yes, this would be a VERY useful feature.

In need of way to hide some posts and even a page from home page.

Anyone figured out how to do this? Looking at Echo theme and just cannot figure out a way.
Edi
Site Admin

kondor wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:55 pm Edit: it could be possible to do it in the hard way :) and just filter the posts with some defined tag directly in the template in the loop of the posts, but maybe there is some nicest way, maybe within some plugin rule?
Yes, it can be done easily with an if-condition in the loop.
Btw. Is it possible to add some customer rule?
What do you mean with some customer rule?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
oldteacher
Sr. Bludit

Yes, it can be done easily with an if-condition in the loop.
hummmm.
Edi
Site Admin

oldteacher wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm hummmm.
If you do not explain in detail, what you want to do, it's a liitle bit difficult to give any recipe.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
oldteacher
Sr. Bludit

If you do not explain in detail, what you want to do, it's a liitle bit difficult to give any recipe.
I was saying "hummm" to your input (Yes, it can be done easily with an if-condition in the loop.). Headed back to my install and started trying to make things work, hence "hummmm":)

Simply trying to find a solution to hide certain post/pages from the sidebar menu. Never got it working but have not given up either.

Thanks.
diego
Site Admin

Maybe I can add some kind of type = archive, but to show only in particular category or similar is going to be hard.
oldteacher
Sr. Bludit

I think using a category would be best. Have one category called something like "Hidden". Assign all post/pages to that category if you do not want them displayed in the menu.

Sounds easy but sure it is much complicated:)

Thanks for at least considering.
BlakesHeaven
Ssr. Bludit

Just to say that I added this to my plug-in "Auto-Archive-Menu-Plus-More"

Hope it works for you.

David
oldteacher
Sr. Bludit

BlakesHeaven wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:04 pm Just to say that I added this to my plug-in "Auto-Archive-Menu-Plus-More"

Hope it works for you.

David
Sounds great. How does one get the plugin? Downloaded and got 2K file with a readme. Tried on GitHub and only thing is a readme?

Thanks!