Expiring credentials?

DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

OK, admitting first that I am still using 1.1.2 (notifications for updates would be really nice) but the version may not matter.

I just spent a little over an hour writing a blog post and when I went to post it I was presented with the login page again. Ugh. I almost always ctrl-A and ctrl-C before submitting anything longer than a single sentence, but I didn't this time.

I wasn't sure if I should login or hit back... sometimes when you hit back to a form it's still populated with the text. Nope. Not this time. Hit the back button and lost it all.

Then forwarded back to the login screen. Entered my login info and was presented with the dashboard.

If I wouldn't have used my back button, would entering my login have worked? Would the changed save or would I still have been looking at my dashboard?

Very, very frustrated. I guess I should have written faster or copied/saved before submitting. Can't blame this all on Bludit, but would still like to know if I screwed up by hitting back or not.
Edi
Site Admin

I will try to reproduce it. I have to admit that I do not know all the details of the creation of a post.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Thanks... it actually happened to me again when i got distracted mid-post and wandered away from my computer. Came back later, finished the post... got the login screen again. It was a super short post, so it wasn't a bummer this time, but I need to remember to ctrl-A and ctrl-C before submitting next time. Thanks for looking into this. Low priority!
anaggh
Ssr. Bludit

Why don't you update to v1.5.2 and try to reproduce? Maybe its already fixed? So many changes - https://github.com/dignajar/bludit/comp ... 2...master
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

OK, I FINALLY did the upgrade to 1.5.2. I've been a little busy.

For some reason I can't login to my admin page now. My saved password isn't working. Hmmm.

Used the link to email a login code... nothing has arrived in ten minutes. Tried a different email address (both Gmail) and a few minutes have passed. Nothing has arrived.

I'm not sure how to get into my admin page to post my day's illustration.
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Update. Brute attempts to guess passwords finally succeeded. Not sure what happened there. I think maybe I didn't save my current config files when I recently switched servers and performed the upgrade to the new version.

Kinda bummed that the "future-imperfect" theme is no longer available. I really liked the simplicity of that theme. The new theme is pretty decent, though, so I think I will get used to it.

That is all. No reply needed. I will post again if I have expiring credentials that cause an issue.
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote:Kinda bummed that the "future-imperfect" theme is no longer available.
It is still available, but not longer part of the distribution:

https://themes.bludit.com
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

I kept it from the previous installation and I got a message saying it was incompatible. Does this mean that I would need to download an updated version of the theme to get it working again?
Edi
Site Admin

No, there are no changes. You can modify the entry "compatible" in the file metadata.json of the theme to make it compatible as follows:

Code: Select all

"compatible": "1.3,1.4,1.5,1.5.2",
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Cool. Thanks.