Is there no option for users comments

Electrode
Jr. Bludit

A blog without the option for users comments is not complete i would like to know how to add a native comment system, i do not like disqus i want just like the way nibble blog had its own thanks
Edi
Site Admin

No, Bludit has no comment system.

In my opinion it is a good idea not to blow up the lightweight system with an administration for comments, for users who submitted it, block spammers, sending out mails, when a new comment is written, etc.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
jaidenmedia
Ssr. Bludit

Edi wrote:No, Bludit has no comment system.

In my opinion it is a good idea not to blow up the lightweight system with an administration for comments, for users who submitted it, block spammers, sending out mails, when a new comment is written, etc.
Agreed. I use webmentions to see where my posts are being discussed. So much nicer than comments.
kaaleth
Master Bludit

You can use disqus system that is enough for blogs and sites.
Kludge
Jr. Bludit

So, I understand that a own Bludit comment system should not be implemented?

IMHO a blog system, which depends on foreign comment system, is'nt a fully featured blog system. It is not yet in sight, that existing comment systems (e. g. DISQUS) will be discontinued (maybe by another takeover). But in past complete blog-systems were discontinued, and the reason was a takeover by a bigger company.

Another drawback using comment-systems like DISQUS or webmentions is, that they always expecting 'one step more' from commentators, than necessary: reading, that they commented a blog's article on a 'foreign' space. DISQUS is a fine service, but a blog's author can't withstand, if users will have any reservations.

So those, that should comment (in the authors purpose) an article, are the readers of a blog. Those are the people, a blog author would like to reach across the board. And every blog author would like to have a feedback, or further opinions. Without feedback or further opinios a blog is only a diary. So a blog author always will accept the consequence, to spend extra time in a comment system.

In my opinion (and in my experience) the users perception of 'reliability' for a blog is not given, if the blog's author dedicates to other services, to do the main work for a blog. And a dependency to foreign 'comment-systems' is'nt mandatory. Those blog authors i know always prefer to run a own comment system, and they don't have any disadvantages. But those blog authors i know are mostly unsatisfied with heavy ballooned blog-systems. This is counteracted by blog-systems like Bludit - easy to learn, and easy to do.

I'm using nibbleblog by Diego - which is a mighty, functionally and lightweight, but a not longer supported blog system. So - for me - it works perfectly, using the comment-system of nibbleblog, but it does'nt work for me permanently, to recommend a not longer supported blog system. If it's possible, to combine Nibbleblogs comment-system with Bludit, Bludit would be actually the perfect and (!) supported flat-file-blogsystem (IMHO) without the whole daunting mess of 'established' systems.

So i hope, a comment system would be implemented to Bludit soon. This would make things easier for authors and readers.
susannelisa
Jr. Bludit

I totally agree that a blog needs a commenting system. I know Disqus has been implemented but in my opinion Disqus isn't good enough. People shouldn't have to create accounts in order to comment on a blog, and I totally dislike that Disqus displays comments primarily on their own site if you click a link, not on the original blog. And then there is the commenter's blog link that isn't obvious to find, that commenting without account isn't enabled by default, privacy issues etc.. lots of limitations.
Edi
Site Admin

A lot of people ask for an own commenting system. Perhaps a further release of Bludit will add one. ;-)

There is now a new plugin that allows also to use Vanilla Forums for comments.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
nootkan
Sr. Bludit

Hello all, this is my first time at Bludit and I like what I see so far. I too was using Nibbleblogs and liked it very much. So I too would like to see a similar comment system for Bludit. Hopefully the hash feature and possibly a hidden field that blocks (most) bots would be included also. Keep up the good work and hopefully this new project doesn't go the way of the dodo bird like Nibbleblogs.
robin007
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote:A lot of people ask for an own commenting system. Perhaps a further release of Bludit will add one. ;-)

There is now a new plugin that allows also to use Vanilla Forums for comments.
I am new to Bludit. I am also waiting for your new own comment system. Because i need to put local language input system.
Thanks.
I am waiting
ferry
Jr. Bludit

Hi,

I installed vanilla forums as the commenting system, only problem i've got is that it only shows the comment field under the last post, anybody knows how to correct that?