Translation Q

murko
Sr. Bludit

Before I start a new thread for Swedish translation in the language forum I got a few questions...
1.) Is the file en_US.json considered to be a master file to translate from? I'm using it for that at least.
2.) Are new strings always added at the bottom of that file? (easier to find if so, and add to my own language file)
3.) If there are changes in strings already put in there (not the actual translation) is that always mentioned in the change log?
4.) With the 1.3 Beta I found 2 new string in en_US.json.
One of them being this:

Code: Select all

"email-access-code": "Email access code",
That's for the link to click on if you want the access code sent to you via mail (eg. forgotten pwd) if I'm not mistaken?!
On Bludit version 1.2 Dig this string was used for that:

"send-me-a-login-access-code": "Send me a login access code",
and that one is still in the translation file.
Do we really need both or what am I missing?

-----
Also, I have translated most things in the admin area to Swedish so far but for some reason the word "advanced" in both settings (general & advanced) and on tab in posts/pages (both create and edit) still says "Advanced" in English and not my translated Swedish.

"settings": "Inställningar",
	"general": "Allmänna",
	"advanced": "Avancerade",
See image: Image
The same goes for the word "Name" that I guess is the column "name" under themes and plugins. That's also not translated from English even though I translated a string with that name

"name": "Namn",
See image: Image
Edi
Site Admin

murko wrote:1.) Is the file en_US.json considered to be a master file to translate from? I'm using it for that at least.
Yes.
2.) Are new strings always added at the bottom of that file? (easier to find if so, and add to my own language file)
Yes
3.) If there are changes in strings already put in there (not the actual translation) is that always mentioned in the change log?
No. But as far as I know there are none. Changes will be added as new strings. But I'm not sure about this.
4.) With the 1.3 Beta I found 2 new string in en_US.json.
One of them being this:

"email-access-code": "Email access code",
That's for the link to click on if you want the access code sent to you via mail (eg. forgotten pwd) if I'm not mistaken?!
On Bludit version 1.2 Dig this string was used for that:

"send-me-a-login-access-code": "Send me a login access code",
and that one is still in the translation file.
Do we really need both or what am I missing?
This are duplicates. Now "email-access-code" is used.
Last edited by Edi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Edi
Site Admin

Really odd at the moment. The words do not match, but if they are replaced by others they match. There seems to be a conflict.
diego
Site Admin

Hi,
when I add new words to the English dictionary, I added on the bottom of the file.

Could you share your translation file ? because I'm checking with the spanish and works fine.
Edi
Site Admin

Also, I have translated most things in the admin area to Swedish so far but for some reason the word "advanced" in both settings (general & advanced) and on tab in posts/pages (both create and edit) still says "Advanced" in English and not my translated Swedish.
It's a conflict with a plugin.
The same goes for the word "Name" that I guess is the column "name" under themes and plugins.
Same here.
Edi
Site Admin

Update: The conflict is with the Plugin Ckeditor, also when deactivated. When it is deinstalled everything works fine.
diego
Site Admin

Edi found the bug, and here is the fix: https://github.com/dignajar/bludit/comm ... f3c4270597
murko
Sr. Bludit

Thank yiou very much for all the info and also for the fix. I have no idea what to do with the commit so I'll wait til this is put in next version :)