Post using external apps?

Post Reply
_-Caleb-_
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Hola,

It's that possible? ie: Posting using open live writer? (http://openlivewriter.org/) (The automatic Linking is SO USEFUL!!)

If not... it be possible in the near future?

Regards!
TANSTAAFL
User avatar
Edi
Site Admin
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Zurich
Contact:

I will install it to see how it works. Never heard of it before. ;-)
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).
_-Caleb-_
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Edi wrote:I will install it to see how it works. Never heard of it before. ;-)
Thanks Edi!
TANSTAAFL
User avatar
jmonroe
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:06 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Currently, OpenLiveWriter does not support Markdown syntax and so no formatting will be passed on to the post. There are some devs that are working on implementing MD support into OLW however, there isn't a current timeframe.
Jeremy Monroe
Kreativmind Show Support for Bludit via Patreon
_-Caleb-_
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm

jmonroe wrote:Currently, OpenLiveWriter does not support Markdown syntax and so no formatting will be passed on to the post. There are some devs that are working on implementing MD support into OLW however, there isn't a current timeframe.
I never use MD for post nothing... But i know... is a great system :D

The main reason i have for use OLW is the Automatic Linking, with that i can "link" with an url a single word or phrase... ie tags or keywords, better for the SEO, for the search engines and of course, for the reader :P

Regards!
TANSTAAFL
User avatar
Edi
Site Admin
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Zurich
Contact:

_-Caleb-_ wrote: The main reason i have for use OLW is the Automatic Linking, with that i can "link" with an url a single word or phrase... ie tags or keywords, better for the SEO, for the search engines and of course, for the reader :P
!
What exactly do you mean with this? Can you please give or show an example.
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).
_-Caleb-_
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Edi wrote:
_-Caleb-_ wrote: The main reason i have for use OLW is the Automatic Linking, with that i can "link" with an url a single word or phrase... ie tags or keywords, better for the SEO, for the search engines and of course, for the reader :P
!
What exactly do you mean with this? Can you please give or show an example.
Sure:

You can add a "Role" ie: Everytime i will write Bludit, the word "Bludit" will be converted to an hyperlink to http://www.bludit.com...

Image

Image
TANSTAAFL
User avatar
Edi
Site Admin
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Zurich
Contact:

Perhaps there is already an extension for one of the editors that can be used with Bludit.

But why not use a tool like the add-on Clippings:

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/clippings/
Last edited by Edi on Sat May 21, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).
User avatar
jmonroe
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:06 am
Location: USA
Contact:

I would much rather see us focus on the browser extension route than a windows OS based app. It's really cool to blog from one place and I can see some benefits to OLW, however, if you want it universal and truly opensource and available to anyone, anywhere, any OS...focus time and energy on using extensions in the browser.
Jeremy Monroe
Kreativmind Show Support for Bludit via Patreon
_-Caleb-_
Sr. Bludit
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Edi wrote:Perhaps there is already an extension for one of the editors that can be used with Bludit.

But why not use a tool like the add-on Clippings:

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/clippings/
Im using pale moon and install firefox just for that.... :(

What editor? Can u explain?

Regads
TANSTAAFL
Post Reply