Solved: Admin page blank after migration

padawan
Ssr. Bludit

Hi dear forum,

I've got a problem: I developed a Bludit website local under Xampp, and now that I migrated it to a shared hosting server using the Domain Migrator plugin, I cannot access the admin page. When I enter the domain plus "/admin" in the adress line of the browser, it just outputs a blank white page.

The frontend looks fine, though, all content is there, even the custom theme I made is already activated, just like I did it in the local Xampp version.

The server is running on Apache with php 7.4, I use this provider for very long and used to host Wordpress pages there earlier - never experienced any problems like that. Usually there are no settings which must be considered as special in any aspect. Could anybody give me a hint what to do? Could it have to do with script/directory ownership/rights?

There is no SSL certificate installed, it is "pure" http, just like it was under Xampp. I've got no idea why it doesn't work. Should have worked straight away, I think.

Regards,
padawan
Last edited by padawan on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edi
Site Admin

1. Is the module mod_rewrite activated, and have you copied the file .htaccess?
  2. Is the installation in the root directory or a subdirectory?
  3. Is there an entry in the error log?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
padawan
Ssr. Bludit

Yes, the mod_rewrite is activated. All content pages display correctly, so there the rewrite works fine.

The installation is in the root directory where the domain is mapped to. It is not the document root, because on the same level there are the folders "usage" and "cgi-bin".

I made a new blank installation of Bludit 3.12 on the shared hosting server and used the .htaccess which is contained in the bludit distribution. Then I deleted the "bl-content" dir and uploaded the "bl-content-migrator" dir and renamed it to "bl-content". When I called the website frontend in the browser after that, everything looked and worked fine - it still does, as far as the frontend is concerned. Pages are there, categories are there, all bueno. Just the admin area - futschikado... muerte... empty... not a 404, but a blank white page.

The content of the .htaccess is:

Code: Select all

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

# Enable rewrite rules
RewriteEngine on

# Base directory
RewriteBase /

# Deny direct access to the next directories
RewriteRule ^bl-content/(databases|workspaces|pages|tmp)/.*$ - [R=404,L]

# All URL process by index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php [PT,L]

</IfModule>
There are no logfiles yet, this is the first day the new domain is online. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow until I can see the logs.
padawan
Ssr. Bludit

Me stupid... I found the error. It was self produced *facepalm* I added a custom admin theme with some modifications when I developed the website under Xampp. It was already some months ago. I referenced the new admin theme in the site.php, which was migrated by the migration plugin. But the new admin theme itself was not migrated, because it's in the admin folder which is part of the kernel. When I remembered this, I also uploaded my modified admin theme, and boom, there was my backend again.

Conclusion: do not mess around in the kernel. And if you still do, better document thoroughly what exactly you did.