Bludit vs One Page website

pawciak
Jr. Bludit

Hi there,
So recently I was looking for a flat file CMS on which my clients could handle their landing pages (by landing page I mean a one-page product presentation). And while from functionality and UI perspective the CMS is great I'm a bit confused whether it will suit my needs.

As we know - one page does not have any subpages, so in theory - how can I handle sections management/edit via Bludit? I have around 7 sections on each page so I should use pages, static..? I don't need any URL for the element. The navigation will be used via anchors.

Thanks for any tips. Best!
Edi
Site Admin

Bludit uses content. The content can be either used as post/page or section.

How it is used depends from the theme.

This is an example of a one page website:

https://hackh.ch

The sections are default content, the privacy policy page is static content.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
pawciak
Jr. Bludit

Edi wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:18 pm Bludit uses content. The content can be either used as post/page or section.

How it is used depends from the theme.

This is an example of a one page website:

https://hackh.ch

The sections are default content, the privacy policy page is static content.
wonderful! So a very last question - how did you handle the URL of the content? Because by default the CMS adds permalink to that (to the typical 'pages' content type). So long story short - how to disable it?
Edi
Site Admin

pawciak wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:23 pm So a very last question - how did you handle the URL of the content? Because by default the CMS adds permalink to that (to the typical 'pages' content type). So long story short - how to disable it?
Bludit adds only a slug to the content. The permalink is generated with this slug. This also is a matter of the theme.
elpak
Sr. Bludit

Edi, wouldn't it be better if this site hackh.ch was made on pure html instead of bludit?
Edi
Site Admin

elpak wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:52 pm Edi, wouldn't it be better if this site hackh.ch was made on pure html instead of bludit?
Yes. Like this the customer can update his website by himself without using FTP, messing up the code etc. He can choose the section and use the editor.