Having trouble getting separate blog page working

dev21
Jr. Bludit

Hi, I have installed 3.12.0 (my first time using Bludit) and tried unsuccessfully to follow the various forum posts relating to switching from a home page that lists blog posts to a blog page that lists blog posts.

I created a static home page and a static blog page, I edited functions.php and I edited htaccess to redirect from blog to blog/.

The home page displays as expected, and if I type /blog/ in the browser, the blog page displays, with posts listed.

The problems I have are:
  • Clicking the blog menu link (/blog) displays the home page.
  • After displaying the blog page, clicking on a post link displays the post as /post-title rather than /blog/post-title, and I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour?
One final thing, is it possible to also have the static home page display the most recent blog post?

Sorry for what might seem like a repeat question but, after reading through all the forum posts relating to 'blog page', I still can't understand how to get this working.

Any advice would be welcome. I can also send a zip containing my project if this is necessary.

Thanks,
Kevin
Edi
Site Admin

dev21 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:06 am I created a static home page and a static blog page, I edited functions.php and I edited htaccess to redirect from blog to blog/.
If you have fixed the file function.php there is no need for editing the file .htaccess.
  • After displaying the blog page, clicking on a post link displays the post as /post-title rather than /blog/post-title, and I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour?
This is the correct behaviour.
One final thing, is it possible to also have the static home page display the most recent blog post?
In this case you have to code an own template home.php.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets