Tag Sorting

DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Wow. I discovered NibbleBlog earlier this evening, installed it, loved it! But then... immediately discovered Bludit and tossed Nibble away for this much cleaner and newer project. I launched my new art blog on the 1st and decided to ditch Blogger and all that other crap for something I can customize and OWN THE CONTENT! Thank you!

I understand that this project is changing quickly and you probably already have these on your list, but here are a couple of changes that I think are necessary:
- Blog title should also be link to HOME. I don't have any pages on my site and it seems a little strange to have HOME as the only link under the Pages heading, and the title of the blog immediately above does nothing.
- Tags should either be arranged alphabetically or there should be some type of active sorting option for the admin or visitor

Thanks again for this awesome script! So easy to install and use!!!

Darren
http://idrewyourcar.com/
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

I switched to the Future Imperfect theme and that solved the title/link issue.

Also saw the feature-request forum area where this topic should reside. Please move me. :)
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote:I switched to the Future Imperfect theme and that solved the title/link issue.
Yes, this depends from the theme (but can manually be added).

But I think we should add this to the theme Pure.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote: - Tags should either be arranged alphabetically or there should be some type of active sorting option for the admin or visitor
You can sort the tags alphabetically by adding the function sort() to the file /plugins/tags/plugin.php (before line 38):

Code: Select all

sort($db);
foreach($db as $tagKey=>$fields)
{
	$count = $dbTags->countPostsByTag($tagKey);

// Print the parent
	$html .= '<li><a href="'.HTML_PATH_ROOT.$filter.'/'.$tagKey.'">'.$fields['name'].' ('.$count.')</a></li>';
}
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Oh man, I can tell that this is going to be the perfect framework to structure my new site around. Thanks!
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Hmm... adding sort there breaks the array. The tag list prints out sorted, but the $count for each tag is zero (0) and the $tagKey for each line is just sorted numerically from zero up.

I'm VERY rusty at this, and there is probably a more elegant way of doing it... but for others who want to copy and paste, I got it to work...

Code: Select all

foreach($db as $tagKey=>$fields)
{
	$count = $dbTags->countPostsByTag($tagKey);

// Save the unsorted HTML to a temporary array
	$temptaglist[] = '<li><a href="'.HTML_PATH_ROOT.$filter.'/'.$tagKey.'">'.$fields['name'].' ('.$count.')</a></li>';
}
sort($temptaglist); // Sort the temporary array alphabetically
//Go through the sorted array and print each line
foreach ($temptaglist as $thistag)
{
	$html .= $thistag;
}
Edi
Site Admin

Thank you for reporting this. On my test environment was only one entry for each tag...

The sorting will be part of one of the next releases.