Lost all I wrote in my post

ludera
Ssr. Bludit

Oh my. My account login timed out, I didn't save my post while this time passed.
When I clicked save at last, I saw my login window, I logged in ........ and I went to the dashboard...
My post was the same as before. So everything was lost.

You should at least tell us this is going to happen, ask for a confirmation of auto-save, or a save before thi shappens... it is terrible. It took so long. :-(
Jay
Master Bludit

Have you shortened the period for autosave option?

For such rare occurences I have "form history control" addon in firefox.
Edi
Site Admin

Jay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:04 pm For such rare occurences I have "form history control" addon in firefox.
Nice hint. Thank you!
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
ludera
Ssr. Bludit

Thanks for that.
Anyway, I don't think it is a good idea to lose the information in the form when you are logged out. It doesn't make sense to login again and lose everything...

I'll shorten the auto-save...
Jay
Master Bludit

Well, if you do not make any interactions with cms (not confusing it with editor window) then it's understandable that an online application logs out the administrator after some time. But indeed there could be an additional option in settings to change default 1 hour session time, as this can be only changed in variables.php
But is it really needed?
ludera
Ssr. Bludit

Jay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:21 pm Well, if you do not make any interactions with cms (not confusing it with editor window) then it's understandable that an online application logs out the administrator after some time. But indeed there could be an additional option in settings to change default 1 hour session time, as this can be only changed in variables.php
But is it really needed?
Well. We are used to that. Before having a Blog, I wrote on Medium. When you logged out while writing, it asked you to login again, and saves were made. So yes, it is quite important to let you know that your data will be destroyed beforehand.
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

I experienced this, too, and I must say, this is very annoying. This can hardly happen in WordPress, because there is a very frequent automatic storage. I ever only lost a few words or sentences in WordPress, but not the whole content like in Bludit (with EasyMDE editor).

I can’t say what the default autosave period is; I guess I set it to two minutes myself. But a very short term autosave should be the default setting, in my opinion – just in case.
On Error GoTo Bed
ludera
Ssr. Bludit

Torsten_Kelsch wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:25 pm I experienced this, too, and I must say, this is very annoying. This can hardly happen in WordPress, because there is a very frequent automatic storage. I ever only lost a few words or sentences in WordPress, but not the whole content like in Bludit (with EasyMDE editor).

I can’t say what the default autosave period is; I guess I set it to two minutes myself. But a very short term autosave should be the default setting, in my opinion – just in case.
This is a fact, and very annoying one, that I've lost text, even after saving, looked like everything was ok but the truth is that the login data was gone and it logged in again while saving, so I Lost all...
Yes, I'll set the auto saver to 1 minute or two.

I recommend very very much a little app you can install and stays alive all the time. It is ClipDiary, it's
free. It is a little icon on the side bar where the time is (on Windows) that stores the history of the whole day of copied text. That way you can stay copying stuff all the time for backup. And if something goes wrong you just click the icon, and select the text you lost.
http://clipdiary.com/

It is a lifesaver.
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

ludera wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 pm I recommend very very much a little app you can install and stays alive all the time. It is ClipDiary, […]
It looks like a useful tool, but I’m a GNU/Linux user, and ClipDiary is for Windows only, as far as I can see. But anyway, my maxim is: Save, save, save—after every little change.
On Error GoTo Bed