Suddenly ALL dates of posts set to one date

DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

I had the error happen to me again this morning. I copied my entire site, including error log, and I am sending it over to you right now via email. Hopefully this will give you a better clue.

Site restored via backup and working 100% again.
kaaleth
Master Bludit

This is really annoying bug... :x
Fred
Legend Bludit

Go Daddy is not a recommanded server.
Many users complain about their hosting home.
╰☆╮Bludit╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
You are looking for a light forum based Json? Try my project Flatboard, it is free. ;)
Sorry for my little english, i'm french :oops:
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Fred wrote:Go Daddy is not a recommanded server.
Many users complain about their hosting home.
Ya know, I just launched this site and one other there as a test of their services. I have been using a small host for about a decade, but they were slow to respond to tech issues and were no longer cost competitive. What specifically is the issue with Go Daddy so I can keep a lookout?
Last edited by DarrenDriven on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote:I had the error happen to me again this morning. I copied my entire site, including error log, and I am sending it over to you right now via email. Hopefully this will give you a better clue.
I got the copy and will have a look at it. In the meantime the other copy of your website runs on my testserver without any problems. I tried some things like adding a lot of tags, but nothing crashes the installation so far. I will now install it also on another server with less performance.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Edi
Site Admin

Update:

1) The installation runs till now also on the other server without any problems.

2) The error log shows that the problem is caused by your additions. But till now I cannot reproduce it on my servers. It seems that the following does not work in all cases:

Code: Select all

// Save the unsorted HTML to a temporary array
$temptaglist[] = '<li><a href="'.HTML_PATH_ROOT.$filter.'/'.$tagKey.'">'.$fields['name'].' ('.$count.')</a></li>';
DarrenDriven
Master Bludit

Edi wrote:Update:2) The error log shows that the problem is caused by your additions. But till now I cannot reproduce it on my servers. It seems that the following does not work in all cases:

Code: Select all

// Save the unsorted HTML to a temporary array
$temptaglist[] = '<li><a href="'.HTML_PATH_ROOT.$filter.'/'.$tagKey.'">'.$fields['name'].' ('.$count.')</a></li>';
That part of the code tripped the moment that the tags were wiped out... because there were no tags to be read and stored into an array. I could add an IF clause that only allows that line to run when it finds tags... but theoretically that should never happen so I didn't bother.

My code doesn't change how any data is written to files, so I'm not sure how it could be wiping out the tags and resetting the dates for all of my posts. Also, my modified code is unique to my site so it wouldn't explain why other people are getting the exact same database error, right?

I will temporarily remove my modifications in plugin.php and see if the database still sneezes.
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote: That part of the code tripped the moment that the tags were wiped out... because there were no tags to be read and stored into an array. I could add an IF clause that only allows that line to run when it finds tags... but theoretically that should never happen so I didn't bother.
The question is also when iis a tag not found. There are tags in the error log that exist.
Also, my modified code is unique to my site so it wouldn't explain why other people are getting the exact same database error, right?
They have not the same error with tags as I understand it. It seems to be a problem with the timestamp after upgrading from a version before 1.0 or 1.1.
Edi
Site Admin

Perhaps you can check the value of the memory_limit of the the hosting in the admin panel.
Edi
Site Admin

DarrenDriven wrote: That part of the code tripped the moment that the tags were wiped out... because there were no tags to be read and stored into an array. I could add an IF clause that only allows that line to run when it finds tags... but theoretically that should never happen so I didn't bother.
I wrote the data of the array in a file and it shows a missing entry only. What exactly is the function of $temptaglist?