Add options to content editor options

rogerraa
Jr. Bludit

Hello,

I am trying to make a plugin that will have options per post. I'm hoping to add a tab along side "General | Advanced | SEO" in the "Options" sidebar of the content editor.

I spent the last couple hours source diving, checking out the PLUGIN BASICS section in the docs. Can't seem to find much info about anything besides the hello world example.

Any help is appreciated, as I do plan on releasing the plugin for everyone. I'm almost sure most people would use it, as it's in pretty much every blog platform/post on the internet these days.

Thanks!
diego
Site Admin

Hi,
you can check alway the current plugins how they are implemented.
The only way to add something in the tab you mention is using Javascript to include an extra tab and the fields you want.
Regards
rogerraa
Jr. Bludit

Yeah, I looked through quite a few plugins to try and get a handle on it.

But ok, thanks for the help. I will give using js a try.

I have so many ideas for Bludit since discovering it. I look forward to contributing where I can once it all makes sense.

Thanks again!
rogerraa
Jr. Bludit

Ok, so I opted to go with a global settings instead of per post. I couldn't figure out how to save the options in js. Not sure what ajax endpoint bludit needs for that, and ran out of time.

I have the plugin in a repo if anyone wants to give any advice towards the best practices, etc that goes into a Bludit plugin. As it's my first Bludit plugin, I don't want to release without some other eyes on it.

Repo: https://github.com/rogerraa/bludit-cta
Edi
Site Admin

Very nice. Thank you very much!
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets