Question about users registration and their roles

Geonx
Ssr. Bludit

Hello. I'm working on a price comparison, deal/coupon site based on Bludit. I want to add the ability for store owners and normal users to register to the website and based on their role, for instance store owner edit their store information and users to have a product to their list (for price change notifications).

Do you plan to add a registration form in later releases? Or the ability to add more user roles?

Thanks.
My Plugins
My Blog | Tech, DIY, Tutorials, Retro and more…
diego
Site Admin

Hi,
include more roles is in the todo list (Admin, Editor, Writer), but self registration not was requested, feel free to create an issue in Github with the request, but I can not promise is going to happen.
Regards
bayerberg
Master Bludit

yes, yes, yes! if you write in user subscriptions/registration I'll increase my patreon support 2x again :)
bludit plugins and themes - makeitblu | I do things, check them out on behance and dribbble.
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

My point of view: A user registration leads to a whole lot of trouble with dubious users and bots. You have to check every registration carefully. Some of my clients, and also myself, deactivated this feature in their WordPress blogs.
On Error GoTo Bed
bayerberg
Master Bludit

Theres a simple solution - confirm every user registration :) Admin would be able to click "Authenticate", "Restrict" or "Delete" - this would solve most issues.

As this is a flat file system, there are some GDPR considerations to be made. I would see user registration done as simply as possible:
- username
- password
- email

"Factory settings" would allow only for logging in and accessing content fenced off only for logged in users. Other functionality could be added via plugins,
bludit plugins and themes - makeitblu | I do things, check them out on behance and dribbble.
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

bayerberg wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:11 pm Theres a simple solution - confirm every user registration :) […]
I absolutely agree, but in the case of very well-known blogs it could happen that the admin would have to check registrations almost every day … Anyway, we’re talking about a feature, not a must, so anyone might or might not activate such a plugin. ;)
On Error GoTo Bed
bayerberg
Master Bludit

I would love Bludit to be as popular as Wordpress but for now my guess would be that Bludit would cater for smaller creators so going over 20-50 signups a day wouldnt be an issue. Signups can be tied with https://oauth.net/, Disqus or other similar services. There are ways... :)
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

You are right, WordPress is the most used blog engine, but that does not mean that a blog using another blog system might not become famous. Blogs with many readers might run on Serendipity, Textpattern or whatever, and why not even on Bludit?

I only think that a weakness of Bludit is the missing commenting system, apart from Disqus or other external services.
On Error GoTo Bed