Editor biography sidebar.

s0u
Jr. Bludit

Hello Guys,
I am completely new here, i am trying to create a multi lingual blog, multi authors too.
I wish to have :
#1 a side bar that shows a biography of author of the post.
#2 the biography language changes depends on the post slug language.
#3 blog posts listing with image, author name, read time, likes the post have.
Thank you.
Edi
Site Admin

s0u wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:01 am #1 a side bar that shows a biography of author of the post.
There is not yet a plugin for this. But there is no problem to create one.
#2 the biography language changes depends on the post slug language.
Bludit has no multilanguage system with slugs depending from the language of the content.
#3 blog posts listing with image, author name, read time, likes the post have.
This could be done with categories. But there is no like function.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

@Edi:

I think it is one of the weaknesses of Bludit (next to all its strengths), that the functionalities are not as broadly diversified as in all those famous blog systems like WordPress or Serendipity, to name a few.

You are right that Bludit can be extended by plugins, but the point is: not every user is a PHP programmer and can write his or her own plugins.

This being said, I think the only chance for more plugins is to make Bludit better known, so that more and more developers write plugins. I believe it is the wrong way to tell every questioner: Just write your own plugin, and you will have the functionalities you need.

Also, a wishing list with an option to vote for suggestions would be fine, but I am not sure if this forum is the right place or GitHub.
Last edited by Torsten_Kelsch on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On Error GoTo Bed
Edi
Site Admin

Torsten_Kelsch wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 pm Also, a wishing list with an option to vote for suggestions would be fine, but I am not sure if this forum is the right place or GitHub.
GitHub is the right place for ideas and wishes.

It would be nice to have a page for feature requests with upvoting. But till now I couldn't find an Open Source system. Perhaps there is any recommendation.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets