publish .pdf of .doc files

RolandBlue
Jr. Bludit

Wed May 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi,
I made a bludit site for a small public library. There is a need to share a few .doc and .pdf files.
How can this be managed using the admin web interface ? I tried uploading the file as an image but it does check the extension and only jpg, jpeg, gif and png are allowed and thus cannot be done this way.

Thank you for your help,

Roland
Edi
Site Admin

Wed May 23, 2018 11:49 pm

The types are set in in the file uploader.php (in the directory /bl-kernel/ajax/).

To allow the uploading of PDF files the array $validExtension can be modified as follows (line 18):

Code: Select all

$validExtension = array('tiff', 'gif', 'png', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'bmp', 'svg','pdf')
See also Upload von PDF-, Audio- und Video-Dateien.
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).
RolandBlue
Jr. Bludit

Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Thank you. I can upload pdf this way. I does need some documentation to link to the pdf as you cannot have the name of the file once uploaded.
I think it will do the job or I will upload the files with an FTP client.

Roland
Edi
Site Admin

Thu May 31, 2018 12:12 am

RolandBlue wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 pm
I can upload pdf this way. I does need some documentation to link to the pdf as you cannot have the name of the file once uploaded.
Yes, there are some restrictions naming files at the moment.
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).