Strange problem from Bludit

Geonx
Ssr. Bludit

I recently moved 3 blogs to Bludit (from WP, two are mine, the other one is from a friend of mine), because I like its simplicity. One has ~70 posts and the other has ~170 (and many more that are drafts, yet). The third has only 15 posts, no drafts.

At the 2nd blog, I realized that it was very slow in frontpage browsing and in the admin panel (again in posts browsing only). I wrote a cache plugin to overcome this problem and I can say that the blog become very fast (ranked 95 at google's PageSpeed Insights).

However, when I am in the admin panel and I browse/edit the posts, after a while my server (VPN) bans my IP. And this happens only when I am in the admin panel and only in the bludit blogs, nowhere else.

The last years I have installed many blog and forum systems and this is the first time something like this happens. I got banned from the site, FTP and server's root panel and I have to change my IP in order to login.

I moved my blog back to WP because this getting on my nerves. Sometimes I got banned after I hit the submit button resulting to lose my post.
My Plugins
My Blog | Tech, DIY, Tutorials, Retro and more…
Edi
Site Admin

Geonx wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:21 pm However, when I am in the admin panel and I browse/edit the posts, after a while my server (VPN) bans my IP. And this happens only when I am in the admin panel and only in the bludit blogs, nowhere else.

[...] I got banned from the site, FTP and server's root panel and I have to change my IP in order to login.
Seems that your server has a wrong setup. IP address, FTP access or server admin panel have nothing to do with Bludit or any other application.

Or your cache plugin caused the problem.

By the way: Bludit is a flat file CMS and therfore is no need for caching.
I moved my blog back to WP because this getting on my nerves.
There are a lot of tools to inspect a website. This is in your case no longer possible.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Geonx
Ssr. Bludit

This is not a server's problem, the problem caused because bludit sends a lot of requests (according to the hosting company). And you are wrong, if your IP got banned, of course you can't access anything then. The server "thinks" that I am a bot that makes a lot of requests.

I wrote the plugin after that, it's not due to it. And I wrote it because bludit becomes very slow when you have a lot of posts. For example, in a blog with >200 posts, it takes many seconds to load a post. And it takes ages to edit/add a post. You can check it for yourself.

Also, sometimes I got an error in dashboard, in draft contents:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function key() on a non-object in /home/***/public_html/bl-kernel/admin/views/dashboard.php on line 161
By the way: Bludit is a flat file CMS and therfore is no need for caching.
So, what? It still needs to load all the posts and finds the one you asked for. Then it needs to load the data from the txt file, it's the same with a DB don't you think? Of course it needs a cache system, I believe many users will ask for it when they will have many posts in their blogs.
My Plugins
My Blog | Tech, DIY, Tutorials, Retro and more…
LRAM
Master Bludit

Hi
As I plan to transfer my old site to Bludit too, have load tests been performed for a few hundred post?
I plan to split my site into several bludit, but despite everything, I would have well over 200 posts in each

will it be usable ? I'm currently on a falt file CSM with over a thousand posts and I'm not having any latency problems so this type of technology is not in question, but I'm curious to know if Bludit has been put to the test
https://sucrepop.com
Candies for the ears
Edi
Site Admin

Geonx wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:31 pm For example, in a blog with >200 posts, it takes many seconds to load a post. And it takes ages to edit/add a post. You can check it for yourself.
As I wrote, this could be analyzed, but you have already migrated the installations.

How to check by myself, if I do not have this problem with my installations? ;-)
Edi
Site Admin

LRAM wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:21 pm As I plan to transfer my old site to Bludit too, have load tests been performed for a few hundred post?
As far as I know Diego has tested it.

An issue could be for example large images. If an image with some MB has to be loaded the website is slowed down. But this could be an issue with every Content Management System or any other web application.
LRAM
Master Bludit

Okay thank you, I'm continuing my migration
Candies for the ears
bayerberg
Master Bludit

bludit is simple so there are a ton of ways of going overboard with customisation and looping something in your custom theme that does damage - things that pool external APIs, poke at CDNs or load in images from other servers too many times. best way to check that is to do your standard audit and then go through the theme (especially when that theme is built by someone else ;) ) and check whats going on comparing with that audit. Cutting down on .js /.css files, keeping the header clean, moving .js files to the footer (and merging them into one zipped file) does wonders.
bludit plugins and themes - makeitblu | I do things, check them out on behance and dribbble.
LRAM
Master Bludit

For my part I do not customize anything at all, . A pure bludit with an "official" theme, that's all i use and need
Candies for the ears
bayerberg
Master Bludit

this cms is "a work in progress" :) so best approach is - remove all plugins, add only ones you want to use, check if all of them are written for the version you are running.

cms itself looks stabile and sound. I would get rid of any dependencies (jquery in /admin for example) and try to keep it as vanilla as possible.
bludit plugins and themes - makeitblu | I do things, check them out on behance and dribbble.