Forum Look & Usage

jmonroe
Sr. Bludit

First off I want to say how nice the forum looks. Very clean and easy to navigate. Great job! Next, I would like to say that we should definitely use it more and lean support questions more to here than continual chatting in the Gitter room. I feel like this allows for better tracking and better organization of problems as well as once a problem is determined to be a bug vs user error, then we can submit a Github issue and paste the link in the respective forum post.

All in all, everything is going very well and looking great. Keep up the nice work team!
Jeremy Monroe
I Support Bludit via Patreon
Edi
Site Admin

Thank you Jeremy!

Yes, the forum can be a knowledge base. Often solutions get lost in the timeline of Gitter (despite it has a search).

It's not easy. We have the forum, and there are three languages. There is the Gitter to chat. There is the Facebook page, where also questions are answered. And last but not least issues can be posted on GitHub. Some prefer one channel, others another.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Lemanski
Jr. Bludit

Hi Edi, which channel would you suggest is the best? I imagine the forum is still the best place to come for answers, but my way of thinking may be somewhat old fashioned.
Edi
Site Admin

The forum is a good place for everything. Questions and answers, problems and bugs, ideas and wishes.

If there is an issue you can also post it on GitHub. It's a sort of to do list. GitHub is especially a place for developers. And not everybody wants another account.

If there is something that has to be discussed "face to face" or in a small group Gitter is a good place (it's the chat of GitHub). Also for hangouts.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Torsten_Kelsch
Legend Bludit

I like traditional forums very much, and I am glad they still exist, because they are much clearer than Facebook or Twitter – and, most important to me: they are self-hosted and are not in the hands of big companies or corporations, which control the markets.
On Error GoTo Bed