Contact3 v2.1.0 - New Version with New Features

Sergelie
Sr. Bludit

I just get an error from the server - something with cgi... I do not use smtp...
Sergelie
Sr. Bludit

I replicated it: Error 500

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Edi
Site Admin

I will try to reproduce it.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
novafacile
Master Bludit

Hello Sergelie,

that is very strange that the errors occur in PHP versions 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4, but not in version 7.1. The plugin was primarily developed on version 7.4 and is in production use with this version.

Would it be possible for you to provide more detailed error messages? If you don't have access to the log files, you could temporarily display the errors in the frontend. For this you have to change the lines 9 to 21 in the file bl-kernel/boot/init.php as follows:

Code: Select all

// Debug mode
// Change to FALSE, for prevent warning or errors on browser
define('DEBUG_MODE', TRUE);
define('DEBUG_TYPE', 'INFO'); // INFO, TRACE
//error_reporting(0); // Turn off all error reporting
if (DEBUG_MODE) {
	// Turn on all error reporting
	ini_set("display_errors", 1);
	ini_set('display_startup_errors',0);
	ini_set("html_errors", 1);
	ini_set('log_errors', 1);
	error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT | E_NOTICE);
}
Important! Save the previous settings. This should never be activated in a productive environment.
Sergelie
Sr. Bludit

Here is what I get under 7.4

Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b1328/nf.sergelie/public_html/fcwmedia.com/menu/bl-kernel/helpers/session.class.php on line 11

Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when session is active in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b1328/nf.sergelie/public_html/fcwmedia.com/menu/bl-kernel/helpers/session.class.php on line 27

Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when session is active in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b1328/nf.sergelie/public_html/fcwmedia.com/menu/bl-kernel/helpers/session.class.php on line 31

Notice: session_start(): A session had already been started - ignoring in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b1328/nf.sergelie/public_html/fcwmedia.com/menu/bl-kernel/helpers/session.class.php on line 34

Thank for paying attention to this.
novafacile
Master Bludit

To ensure that the form is completely cleared after submission and is not resubmitted when the pages are refreshed, a redirect to itself is made after successful submission. So that the correct success message is displayed, the script uses the "session" memory.

Sometimes this seems to mess up the session handling of Bludit. I haven't figured out why yet, but so far it didn't seem to be a problem, because PHP only treats it as a "warning" and not as an error.

It seems that your PHP Fast CGI settings are a bit too sensitive to it.

I'll try to find out where the actual session handling problem is, whether in the Contact3 plugin or in Bludit.

I'll take a look at it soon and get back to you here.
Edi
Site Admin

Something is mixed up: The domain uses a SSL certificate (https) but Bludit is installed with http.
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
Sergelie
Sr. Bludit

Oh Yes, I implemented on the server ssl later on. Could you suggest an easy fix? Or should I start over?

I really appreciate your help!

Sergelie
novafacile
Master Bludit

You can easily fix the URL problem by changing the URL in the settings.

Either via /admin --> Settings --> Advanced

or directly in the file bl-content/databases/site.php (In the file pay attention to escaping the slashes).
novafacile
Master Bludit

Is there a possibility to ask your provider what exactly is in the server logs? Somehow it doesn't make sense to me that a warning leads to a 500. The error message also says the following:
Sergelie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:16 pm Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
It could also be that the 500 Error comes from a broken PHP server configuration. Normally a warning should not lead to a 500.