How do I... remove elements of a theme?

phayz
Ssr. Bludit

I am trying out Bludit for my personal blog, and have chosen the Striped theme. I want to make some changes, and I'm not sure just how to do them.

I would like to:
(1) Remove the "About" information from the side bar. I would prefer to use that space for the other elements in the sidebar.
(2) Change the sidebar into a separate "element" so that readers can scroll through the main pane's content separately. That is, I don't want the sidebar moving when the reader scrolls through the main content.
(3) Add some visual separation between posts. Right now, with the Striped theme, the posts blend into each other. This would require some tweaking of the CSS, so I could look at other themes' CSS for inspiration. If anyone has done something similar, though, I'd appreciate help.
dirtdiver2010
Master Bludit

phayz wrote:I am trying out Bludit for my personal blog, and have chosen the Striped theme. I want to make some changes, and I'm not sure just how to do them.

I would like to:
(1) Remove the "About" information from the side bar. I would prefer to use that space for the other elements in the sidebar.
Hi, you can deactivate this in the backend of bludit. You have to sign up as an administrator.
Go to > settings > plugins
dirtdiver2010
Master Bludit

phayz wrote:I am trying out Bludit for my personal blog, and have chosen the Striped theme. I want to make some changes, and I'm not sure just how to do them.

I would like to:
(2) Change the sidebar into a separate "element" so that readers can scroll through the main pane's content separately. That is, I don't want the sidebar moving when the reader scrolls through the main content.
(3) Add some visual separation between posts. Right now, with the Striped theme, the posts blend into each other. This would require some tweaking of the CSS, so I could look at other themes' CSS for inspiration. If anyone has done something similar, though, I'd appreciate help.
(2) The sidebar is a seperatet container. You can change it´s behaviour with CSS. If you don´t want the sidebar moving you have to fix it. But you will get some problems if it doesn´t fit to the screen size. Maybe it would be better to use an other theme?

(3) Maybe you can change the "margin-bottom" in the CSS-file.

Code: Select all

section, article {
	margin-bottom: 3em;
}
phayz
Ssr. Bludit

Thanks for your help. I hadn't realised that the About information was provided by the About plugin. I have since disabled that plugin and the sidebar looks less cluttered.

I haven't yet looked at the other issues, but will do soon.
acrox999
Sr. Bludit

Making the sidebar fixed is possible but you will lose the responsive layout. You can make the sidebar "un-fixed" once it's in a smaller screen however.
phayz
Ssr. Bludit

Thanks to everyone who responded with help. I'm still trying to decide on a single Bludit theme. :) At least I know understand some of the implications of changing a theme.