Hide level 2, 3 and 4 static pages in the menu

thomasrtr
Ssr. Bludit

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you're starting to know me, ha ha ! My new question is the following : I want create different page levels. I have my level on in the menu. But when I create my level 2 pages (to do that, I just select a my level 1 page in the "Parent" field of the "Advanced" settings), my level 2 pages are in my menu !

Because it's really not convenient and really not SEO friendly, I want to know how can I hide my level 2 pages (and my level 3 and 4) so they don't appear in the menu. I guess I have to use code. What do you think ? :)
Edi
Site Admin

thomasrtr wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:40 am My new question is the following : I want create different page levels. I have my level on in the menu. But when I create my level 2 pages (to do that, I just select a my level 1 page in the "Parent" field of the "Advanced" settings), my level 2 pages are in my menu !
This depends from the theme you are using. What theme do you use?
Because it's really not convenient and really not SEO friendly, I want to know how can I hide my level 2 pages (and my level 3 and 4) so they don't appear in the menu.
Why should this not be SEO friendly? Important is the site map.

Anyway, for level 2 and 4 you have to use the plugin paw.MoreLevels:

https://plugins.bludit.com/plugin/paw-more-levels
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
thomasrtr
Ssr. Bludit

Hi ! I'm using the "Alternative" theme.

Thanks for the plugin. I'll try it. I have a sitemap, yes, but the linkjuice is not effective when you have several links in a same page.

So my idea is : I have my homepage and my level 1 pages in the menu. And then, in my level pages 1, I have some links toward my level 2 pages, etc. And I think it's better for the UX and to create better silos.

Thanks a lot !

EDIT : Ok, so I just tried the plugin Paw.MoreLevels and I don't know how to use it. Once it was activated, I tried to create a level 3 page (in the "Advanced" part, in the "Parent" cas) but I couldn't do it. I don't know what to do. :|
thomasrtr
Ssr. Bludit

Hi ! I'm bringing up this topic because I still haven't found a way to do more page levels :(

The Paw plugin doesn't seem to work.
SamBrishes
Master Bludit

Hellow,

sorry for the long wait. The plugin doesn't work any more since Bludit v3.10.0 due to some breaking changes done on the core admin form and the returning AJAX values.

I'm trying to fix it as fast as possible.

Sincerely,
Sam.
SamBrishes
Master Bludit

Please try the new version. It should now work with Bludit 3.10+.
thomasrtr
Ssr. Bludit

Wow ! It works just fine ! Thanks a lot !
GundelGaukeley
Jr. Bludit

SamBrishes wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 am Please try the new version. It should now work with Bludit 3.10+.
As this Link doesn`t work anymore, is there any current version of the plugin?
Or any other way to hide a page from the menu in the Typerite theme?
Edi
Site Admin

Hm... What do you want: More levels as the plugin shows or hide a page?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets