Website button

alypop
Ssr. Bludit

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 am

A very simple thing; when you are working on a post or page and click the [Website] button it should take you to the page/post you are working on not the main site. Or, better yet could be a [Website] button (for home) and a [Preview] button (for page/post in view).
Edi
Site Admin

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 pm

alypop wrote:A very simple thing; when you are working on a post or page and click the [Website] button it should take you to the page/post you are working on not the main site. Or, better yet could be a [Website] button (for home) and a [Preview] button (for page/post in view).
A hint form the old days: Open another tab for the preview. ;-)
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).
SmaRTeY
Jr. Bludit

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Not sure but I think this is about the option of having a preview button for articles that have not been published.
Sometimes you might want to see what your article looks like without publishing it, this is not possible at the moment is it? (nor when opening a new tab in browser)

I was looking for the same thing, a way to have a look at an article AS IF it is published but isn't.
If such a button would exist a new tab could be opened showing the article which is being worked on.
Could be a nice and usefull addition for editors without having the need to publish their articles first.

As for Pages, I agree, you can simply open a new browser tab to preview these.

Regards,
Eric
Edi wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 pm
alypop wrote:A very simple thing; when you are working on a post or page and click the [Website] button it should take you to the page/post you are working on not the main site. Or, better yet could be a [Website] button (for home) and a [Preview] button (for page/post in view).
A hint form the old days: Open another tab for the preview. ;-)
diego
Site Admin

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi, yes this feature is missing or if you are using SimpleMDE there is a button to see a preview.

I need to think about it, because the pages are not possible to see if there are not published.
Regards